Google values honesty and fairness, so we don’t allow the promotion of products that are designed to enable dishonest behavior.
Examples of what's not allowed
Products that enable dishonest behavior
Products that help users to mislead others
- Examples: Fake or false documents such as passports or diplomas; aids to pass drug tests; custom or pre-written essays; invalid click or "ad spam" products
Products that enable a user to gain unauthorized access (or make unauthorized changes) to systems, devices, or property
- Examples: Hacking devices; radar jammers; devices to change traffic signals; phone or wiretapping products
Products that enable a user to track or monitor another person or their activities without their authorization
- Examples: Spyware and technology used for intimate partner surveillance including but not limited to spyware/malware that enables a user to monitor texts, phone calls, or browsing history; GPS trackers specifically marketed to spy or track someone without their consent; and promotion of surveillance equipment (for example: cameras, audio recorders, dash cams, and nanny cams) marketed with the express purpose of spying
What you can do
Here's what you can do if your product is disapproved or if your Merchant Center account is impacted:
Items that don't comply with this policy may be disapproved. When an item is disapproved, it won't be eligible to serve in Shopping ads or free listings on Google. If the item doesn't comply with Shopping ads policies, it should be removed from your product data.
In some instances, you’ll see the option to request a review of an item that has been disapproved for policy violations. If you believe that your item was incorrectly disapproved and would like to request a manual review, click "Why is this item disapproved" from the individual item page on the Products page to initiate a review. Learn more about item disapprovals for policy violations and requesting a review.
For most violations, we'll send you a warning email detailing the policy violation and give you 7 calendar days to update your product data.
- Read the policy above to learn what we don't allow. Here are some examples:
- Fake documents: Make sure your product data doesn’t contain any products that help users to mislead others, as listed in the policy above.
- Hacking: Make sure your product data doesn’t contain any products that enable a user to gain unauthorized access (or make unauthorized changes) to systems, devices, or property, as listed in the policy above.
- Remove the violating items from your product data. You’ll receive an email with details about the violation, including examples from your product data. If you have additional items in your data that violate the same policy but aren't included in the email, you'll need to remove those too.
- Update your product data in Merchant Center.
- If you created a schedule for automatic uploads, update your product data manually or wait for your product data to be automatically updated before requesting a review.
- Product data that you’ve uploaded as a test won’t go live and isn’t considered during account reviews.
- Request a review of your account.
- If your account is still within the warning period, it will automatically be reviewed again at the end of the warning period. Once the violating items are removed, you don't need to request an account review or take any additional action.
- If your account is suspended, you’ll need to request an account review.
Most accounts are reviewed within 3 business days, but some can take longer if they need a more complex review. If we find that you've removed the violating items from your product data, we’ll remove the warning, or, in the case of account suspension, we'll approve your account to start running.
To ensure a safe and positive experience for customers, Google requires that retailers comply with all applicable laws and regulations in addition to Shopping ads policies. It is important that you familiarize yourself with and keep up to date on these requirements for the place where your business operates, as well as any other places Shopping ads and free listings are shown. When we find content that violates these requirements, we may block it from appearing, and in cases of repeated or egregious violations, we may ban you from promoting Shopping ads content with us.