Upload a new image
Some of your products have images with promotional text (for example, retailer logos or calls to action) or obstructing elements (for example, watermarks). Since clear images of a product help to inform online shoppers, all products in Shopping ads and free listings require an image with an unobstructed view of the product that does not contain additional promotional elements. Items that don’t meet this requirement will remain disapproved until you have updated their images. Learn more about submitting images with the image link
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to view current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To view a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Review and update image links
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
“Issue title” = Promotional overlay on image: image link
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID), and make sure each product is a high-quality image without overlays.
- Change the URL that you’ve submitted for the image link
[image_link]attribute so that it points to the correct product image. Submit a new URL rather than updating an existing URL with new content, as this will force a faster fetch of the new image.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.