This article provides answers to common questions about pending and rejected promotion statuses.
Each promotion has a status that indicates whether it is eligible to appear with your Shopping ads on Google.com and the Shopping tab.How do I determine the status of my promotion?
Follow the steps below:
- Click Promotions dashboard in your Merchant Center account
- Navigate to the Policy status and SKU status columns to review the statuses of your promotions.
- Click the speech bubble icon for information about disapproved promotions and helpful links.
To learn more, see Managing your promotions.
The most common reasons for un-reviewed promotions are:
- Promotion reviews are typically completed within 12 hours, but may take up to 24 hours, especially if the promotion has been submitted within 24 hours of the start time.
- The promotion’s start date/time has not yet been reached. Promotions are not tested for validation review until the promotion’s start date and time is reached.
Your promotion could have failed the policy review or the validation review (i.e. promotion check). Listed below are the most common reasons for disapproval:
- My promotion was rejected during the policy review.
- My promotion was rejected during the validation review (i.e. promotion check).
promotion_idis not mapped to the applicable items in your products feed.
promotion_idis mapped to ineligible items.
- The promotion did not provide the promised discount.
- The discounted price is stated on the item's landing page.
- The item’s base price is not on the landing page.
- Gift is not reflected in the cart or at checkout.
The review process involves 2 steps: policy review and validation review (i.e. promotion check). The status of the promotion will appear in review until both steps of the review have been completed.
Tip: We recommend that you submit promotions 24 hours before the start time to allow a smooth and timely review process. Otherwise, the promotion may be delayed by 24 hours.
There are a few factors that could affect your displayed promotions:
- Items in your feed are not fully processed.
- The start time within the date attributes was incorrect.
promotion_idvalues were not in your Products Feed.
promotion_idin the products feed does not exactly match the promotion_id in the Promotions feed.
- Information was not submitted in time.
Note: In some cases, unique promotions may not be visible on mobile.
Submit promotions during business hours from Monday to Friday. Once you submit a promotion, processing, review, and validation can take up to 24 hours, but typically is completed within 12 hours. It may also take a few hours for your promotion to go live after it’s fully approved or to quit showing in ads after you’ve stopped it.
If you upload a new Promotions feed to replace the current promotions, the new feed does not stop or delete existing promotions. Existing promotions will continue to run for the their specified durations and expire as the promotions from the new feed are added.
Note: Expired promotions will remain in the Promotions dashboard for one year following the expiration date.
Log in to your Merchant Center account, navigate to the Promotions dashboard by clicking on the Promotions page. Select the promotion you want to retest, edit this promotion, and resubmit it.
If your promotion was submitted with the promotion tool in Merchant Center, follow the steps below to check your submitted redemption code:
- Navigate to your Promotions dashboard
- Find the
promotion_idyou want to check
- You can find your promo code under the Promo Code column.
If you submitted your promotion with a feed, check your last feed submission for redemption codes.
Promotion status refers to whether a promotion has been manually “Ended” in the Promotions dashboard or not. Note that “Ended”
promotion_ids are permanently disabled and can't be re-used or restarted.
If an approved promotion expires and it hasn’t been manually ended, the promotion will remain in your dashboard as "Visible," though it will no longer appear on your Shopping ads. Approved promotions that have expired also can't be re-used or restarted.