Confirm your promotion status
This article explains each promotion status, how to fix rejected promotions, and how to end a promotion. You will also learn about Google’s promotion approval process.
You can confirm the status of your promotions in the Promotions dashboard of your Merchant Center account. The Promotions dashboard shows promotions that have been approved, disapproved, have expired, are live, or are still under review.
View the Promotions dashboard
To view the Promotions dashboard, sign in to your Merchant Center account, then select Promotions in the navigation menu under “Marketing.”
Note: If you do not see the Promotions section, talk to your Merchant Promotions contact or fill out the Merchant Promotions interest form.
If a promotion is approved and live, it's eligible to appear with your Shopping ads. If it wasn't approved, it may be under review, expired, or disapproved.
Promotion statuses for Merchant Promotions are defined as follows:
Your promotion is pending review. If your promotion is un-reviewed for more than 24 hours, it may be that the promotion start date (i.e.
promotion_effective_date) is either incorrectly set or has not been reached.
A promotion must pass 2 types of checks to be approved and set live:
- Policy: Your promotion complies with Merchant Promotions editorial requirements and program policies.
- SKU: Your promotion works as described on your website, so it has been approved and is eligible for display.
Your promotion was not approved for one or more reasons. You will receive an email about the details of the disapproval. Please review the email as well as our editorial requirements and program policies, then resubmit your promotion.
Follow these steps to resubmit your promotion:
- Select the promotion you’d like to edit.
- Update the promotion with the required information or applicable updates.
- After updating, re-submit the promotion through the Promotion Tool with the same promotion_id and the corrected information. The review process for the promotion will begin again.
Note: If your promotion was rejected during the SKU check for a website error, you can resubmit your promotion by clicking the speech bubble under the SKU status and selecting Request a retest.
Your promotion was ended permanently and will not be visible on Google.com or Shopping ads.
Note: Ended or expired promotions are removed from your Promotions dashboard one year after the expiration date. Ended promotions can't be restarted.
For prompt promotion display, review the following:
- Approval process guide for troubleshooting
- FAQ page to utilize the promotion effective dates and promotion display dates attributes
A promotion is expired once it has reached its end date. Once expired, the promotion will not be visible on Google.com or Shopping ads. Expired promotions can't be reactivated, so you must submit a new promotion.
A promotion that is active and eligible to surface on Shopping ads. Promotions that are live may be ended and edited. Any edited promotions will undergo the review process again before returning to the 'Live' state