Provide high-quality data
To attract users to your products and to have them eventually buy from your store, it is essential to provide high-quality product data -- product data that is fresh, accurate and comprehensive. In order to maintain a smooth shopping experience, it is important that a user sees the same information about products in Google Shopping as is also shown on your website.
Providing Fresh Data
When a user comes to your website from Google Shopping, he or she expects to see the same price and availability as what is shown in Google Shopping results, or, what is provided in your data to us. For example, if the product is listed as being 'in stock' in results, the user expects to be able to buy that item -- it is disappointing when that item is not actually available for purchase. For these reasons, we check your website regularly to ensure information provided to us is the same as on your website - at all times. If your website and the data you provide to us do not match, your items may be suspended from Google Shopping results. See our policies for more details.
Here are some tips for providing fresh data:
- Create your feed right after you've updated your database with the latest information, such as price and availability status.
- Submit your feed to Google at the same time as you update your website. For example, if you update your website every night at 2:30 am, submit your feed at 2:30 am. We usually update your information within minutes (see your Merchant Center Dashboard for details). If your website consists of several parts that are updated individually, create a feed for each of them and submit them at the appropriate time.
- If you update your website multiple times per day (or continuously), submit your feed multiple times per day. We recommend you submit, at least, early in the morning, around noon, late afternoon and in the evening.
- If you are using a third party feed provider, try to minimize the amount of time that your data is being processed.
- If you've set up your Merchant Center account such that Google fetches the feed from your server, make sure that the scheduled fetch from your server happens at the same time as you update your website.
- If the prices and availabilities of your products change very frequently such that four updates per day are not enough to meet our quality standards, you will need to use the Content API for Shopping. It allows you to provide updates for individual items, and update your data to Google Shopping almost immediately as soon as the product information changes in your own system.
Providing Accurate and Comprehensive Data
When a user comes to Google Shopping to look for a product, he or she often has something very specific in mind. We then show him or her the most relevant products. The more information we have about your products, the better we can serve our users and send them to your website.
Therefore, submit all attributes listed in our feed specification that apply to your products. By providing all of the relevant attributes, we can show users products which are most relevant to search queries. In addition, make sure you submit all products that meet our policies. Read these policies carefully.
When providing this information, you also need to make sure it is accurate. As stated in our policies, we enforce a high standard of accurate product information. If you don't meet our standard when we routinely check your data, all of your products may be suspended from Google Shopping. In case of multiple violations, we may remove your products for at least one week.Watch a video on data quality