Set up your account
After you’ve opened your Merchant Center account, you’ll need to tell us some basic details about your business by filling out the General tab under Settings. Once we have this information, we’ll check your website to ensure that it meets a few basic requirements.
Add your business information to your account settings
Your URL must begin with http:// (or https://) and include your full domain name. You will have to verify and claim your website URL either during account creation or from the Website Verification tab if you’re using certain services, like Google Shopping. Any links that you include in your product data must match the domain you've registered. For example, to submit a file containing the URL http://www.example.com/item1.html you would need to register the site http://www.example.com/.
For simple stores, the best URL to enter is the top-level URL of your store, e.g. http://example.com. If your store resides on a sub-host or on a path, you should include those in your URL, e.g. http://stores.example.com/mystore.
The website URL you enter for your Merchant Center account must meet the following requirements:
- The URL must start with either http:// or https://
- No IP addresses are allowed, e.g. http://10.127.127.127
- No ports are allowed, e.g. http://www.example.com:8080
- No fragments are allowed, e.g. http://www.example.com#top
If you have more than one domain for which to submit items, you'll need to set up a Multi-Client Account.
- Store name is required and must conform to the Google Merchant Center Store name guidelines.
- You can provide your business address and phone number here.
- The country or territory that you selected when you created your Google Merchant Center account cannot be changed.
Customer Service Information
Please provide the contact information for customer service inquiries.
Private Contact Information
- Your contact information will not be displayed publicly, but Google will use this information to contact you if necessary.
- Google will use your listed technical contact to reach out to you regarding data quality or policy violations, so please make sure this is current.
Ensure your site meets all requirements
Before you upload your product feed, you must ensure your site offers a safe and user-friendly experience by meeting a few requirements. We have a set of policies that outline these basic, but important, site-level requirements for all merchant sites.
We check every merchant's site for a few basic requirements:
- Accurate contact information. Your website must display sufficient and accurate contact information, including a telephone number and/or email.
- Secure checkout process. Payment and transaction processing, as well as collection of any sensitive and financial personal information from the user, must be conducted over a secure processing server (SSL-protected, with a valid SSL certificate - https://).
- Return policy. Your site must provide a clear and conspicuous return policy to users.
- Billing terms and conditions. Your site must provide clear and conspicuous billing terms and conditions.
- Complete checkout process. Ensure users are able to successfully add items to the cart and fully complete the checkout process.