YouTube offers great opportunities to showcase your own products, be discovered and allow YouTube audiences to check out on your website, or directly on YouTube via Buy on Google, depending on which program your feed is opted into. There are several ways to show your products on YouTube, depending on which programs you participate in.
Free listings feeds
Your products that show in free listings may be eligible to appear across shopping experiences on Google, including on YouTube. See where Google shows your free product listings on YouTube
- The free listings checkout experience remains the same, where the product link will redirect the viewer to your site for purchase and checkout.
- Free clicks are counted within free listings reporting in Merchant Center.
- If you're not signed up for free listings, learn how here.
YouTube Shopping feeds
With YouTube Shopping, your products will show across your YouTube channel. Read more here to learn which surfaces
- To get started, follow the onboarding steps for the YouTube Shopping program.
- Once you’ve completed onboarding through a participating Shopping platform or retailer, your product feed will be set to the YouTube Shopping
[YouTube_Shopping]destination. The checkout experience will redirect the viewer to your site for purchase and checkout.
- No dedicated reporting exists at the moment for YouTube shopping feeds inside Merchant Center.
Buy on Google listings feeds (US only)
With Buy on Google, instead of redirecting the viewer to your site, the viewer can purchase directly on your YouTube channel. You pay zero commission fees to Google and have other benefits. Your products will also then be purchasable with Buy on Google checkout across Google surfaces.
- Before setting up your feed on Buy on Google, make sure your store is connected to YouTube Shopping so that you see the YouTube Shopping program enabled for your feed.
- Once you've finished onboarding with YouTube Shopping, activate a Buy on Google account.
- Clicks for Buy on Google listings are counted within Buy on Google reporting in Merchant Center.
If you have your own YouTube channel, you might be eligible to manage your products on your YouTube channel via the product shelf and related shopping features.