Google aims to enable businesses to list a wide variety of products, but some Google products and platforms may not be optimized to appropriately support all content types.
For this reason, we don't allow the listing of certain content where we don't offer an optimal customer experience.
Note that because these limitations are specific to free listings, they do not impact policies on other Google products or platforms, where functionality differs or additional support mechanisms are in place.
Verification requirements for Buy on Google
Buy on Google doesn't allow the promotion or sale of products restricted to specific ages or requiring proof of ID upon purchase. Any product that requires proof of age to purchase isn’t currently allowed on Buy on Google.
Buy on Google does allow the promotion and sale of a merchant’s own gift cards.
Examples of what's not allowed
Future transport or event tickets
- Examples: Concert tickets, airline tickets, bus reservation tickets
Motor or sail-powered vehicles used for transport of people on public access ways
- Examples: Cars (except vehicle ads as noted below), RVs, trucks, boats, catamarans, planes, helicopters, motorcycles, mopeds, jet skis
- Exception: Motor-powered bicycles with a motor-assisted speed of 25 km/h or 15.5 mph or less are allowed
Products related to finance management, financial assets, investments, securities, or insurances
- Examples: Stocks, bonds, investment products, insurance policies, credit cards, money orders, cashiers checks
Mediums of exchange that are reliant on variable currency market values to determine price, including discounted currencies, currency exchanges, or currency backed by precious materials
- Examples: Gold bullion, precious metals, local currency, virtual currency
Open-loop gift cards
Pre-paid gift cards branded by a credit card issuer
- Examples: Mastercard, Visa, or American Express branded gift cards
- Exceptions to the policy include but are not limited to: Gift cards with an expiration date are allowed
Labor, time, effort, expertise, or actions, which do not result in ownership of a tangible product. This includes any services sold bundled with physical goods. In accordance with our medical devices policy, test kits where samples are collected at home and analyzed in a lab are not considered services and are allowed on Shopping.
- Examples: Maintenance or repair services, accounting services, financial planning services, streaming content, online gaming currency, car repair services sold bundled with purchase of tires
Property not physically movable or which cannot be moved without being altered or destroyed
- Examples: Real estate, non-portable homes, plots of land
Payment method that allows customers pay for goods on an ongoing basis, at regular intervals in the future
- Examples: Security or medical alert system with recurring payment for subscription, digital content with recurring payment subscriptions
- Exceptions to the policy: Refer to the price
[price]attribute of the feed specification for requirements on how to submit prices for these products.
- Magazines and newspapers subscriptions with recurring billing are allowed.
- Mobile products are allowed to be sold in installments or with a subscription contract if specifically listed here and are categorized under the Google product category (GPC) codes listed below. Make sure to review the best practices for listing wireless products and services.
- Watches (ID: 201)
- Mobile Phone (ID: 267)
- Tablet Computers (ID: 4745)
- Mobile Phone Prepaid Cards and SIM Cards (ID: 6030)
- GPS Tracking Devices (ID: 6544)
- Software subscriptions that are pre-paid and auto-renew only annually are allowed.
- In Brazil, subscriptions with recurring billing to telecom are allowed. Installment pricing, not open-ended billing, is allowed for all other products.
Billing processed by product software
Online payment method for goods that require additional software installation to complete the purchase
- Examples: Digital photo albums that can only be purchased if additional software is installed
What you can do
Here's what you can do if your product is disapproved or if your Merchant Center account is impacted:
Products that don't comply with our policies may be disapproved. When a product is disapproved, it won't be eligible to serve. If the product doesn't comply with our policies, it should be removed from your product data feed.
In some instances, you’ll see the option to request a review of a product that has been disapproved for policy violations. If you believe that your product was incorrectly disapproved and you would like to request a manual review, click Request Review in the 'Item Status' of your product page. Learn more about product disapprovals for free listings policy violations and requesting a review
For most violations, we'll send you a warning email detailing the policy violation and give you 7 or 28 calendar days to fix your issue.
- Read our policies to learn what we don't allow.
- Update your website. If your listing leads to content that violates a policy, update your website to meet the requirements and be in compliance with our policies.
- Remove the violating products from your product data. You’ll receive an email with details about the violation. If you have products in your product data that violate the policy (or policies) you'll need to remove the offers from your feed.
- Update your product data in Merchant Center. If you created a schedule for automatic uploads, update your product data manually or wait for your product data to be automatically updated before requesting a review. Product data that you’ve uploaded as a test won’t go live and isn’t considered during account reviews.
- Request a review of your account.
- If your account is still within the warning period, it will automatically be reviewed again at the end of the warning period. If the violating products are removed, you won't need to request an account review or take any additional action.
- If your account is suspended and you've taken action to resolve the issue, request an account review.
Most accounts are reviewed within 3 business days, but it can take longer if a more complex review is needed. If we find that you've removed the violating products from your product data, we’ll remove the warning. In the case of account suspension, we'll approve your account so your products can start displaying again.