The competitive visibility report helps you understand your competitive landscape on a product category level and take action to improve your visibility — based on displayed impressions from your Shopping ads and free listings.
Watch this introductory video to learn more about your competitive visibility report and how it can help you take data-driven decisions to improve your performance.
For subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the settings icon at the bottom of the video player, then select "Subtitles/CC" and choose your language.
The competitive visibility report will help you compare your visibility across Shopping ads and free listings based on displayed impressions on product-category level performance and allow you to understand:
- Your consumer reach for Shopping ads and free listings — specifically and combined
- Who your competitors are
- How you compare against top merchants
- How you stack-rank against competitors and top merchants over time
Keep in mind
The report will only provide a visibility ranking if there are a sufficient number of products displayed for a selected product category and time range. The report is currently limited to offers that are eligible to generate traffic in the following countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Japan, the UK, and the US.
Descriptions of the metrics
Page overlap rate
Higher position rate
Ads / free ratio
Ads / free ratio shows how often a merchant receives impressions from Shopping ads compared to free listings. In other words, the number of times a merchant’s offer receives an Ads impression divided by the number of times this merchant’s offer receives a free impression aggregated in a selected category and time frame.
How to improve your visibility
There are 3 ways you might improve your visibility in a selected product category:
- Promote your visibility by setting up a dedicated Shopping ads campaign
- Change your assortment using the best sellers report
- Adjust product pricing using the price competitiveness report
How to find the report
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- From the page menu, click Performance, then Competitive visibility.
- There are two tabs you may want to review:
- Tab 1 displays the competitive visibility of your pre-selected competitors.
- Tab 2 displays the aggregated competitive visibility of top performing merchants.
Both reports can be filtered by product category, listing type, and time range.
- Click the filter icon above the table.
- Select one of the filters that appears to see a list of conditions for new filters.
- Enter the condition then click Apply. Both the table and the chart will update automatically based on your selection.