Taxes are a key part of the total price a person has to pay for a product. By submitting accurate tax information for your Shopping ads and free listings, you ensure that you are displaying correct total prices to online shoppers.
You’ve received this notification because the product prices you provided in your product data and on your website are missing value added tax (VAT) for one or more of your products . The prices submitted in your Merchant Center product data and displayed on your website should be a total price inclusive of value added tax (VAT).
You should have received an email asking you to update your product data by a certain date so that the values in your data are consistent with those on your landing page.
For products targeting all countries (except for the United States and Canada), provide the product price, including any value-added tax (VAT) or Goods and Services Tax (GST), in the price
[price] attribute and ensure that the landing page price matches the price in your product data. Don’t use the tax
Step 1: Ensure that the prices in your product data are inclusive of value added tax (VAT)
- Investigate your update process to see what could be causing the problem:
- Check the warning email for examples of products that are affected. Look for a common problem in your product data that could cause the price mismatch due to value added tax (VAT) inconsistencies.
- Ensure that the prices you submit in your product data and display on your website are total prices inclusive of value added tax (VAT)
Step 2: Resubmit your product data
Step 3: Request a review
After you resubmit your product data that caused the mismatch, request an account review:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Navigate to Account issues on the “Diagnostics” page.
- Locate the account-level issue that you would like to have reviewed.
- Make sure that there are in-stock products uploaded and all issues for the affected country of sale are resolved.
- Click Request review.
- Read the pop-up window to ensure that you understand the review process, and its requirements and limitations.
- Check the box and click Request review.
After the review is performed, if your account meets the product data requirements, your account will be reactivated.