Use the Hangouts Meet touchscreen for accessibility
You can use the touchscreen controller with Hangouts meet hardware.
Spoken feedback speaks the text on the current screen. A rising tone indicates the screen reader is on, and a falling tone indicates it’s off. It can also be turned on or off in settings on the touchscreen. For more, read Use the Meet touchscreen.
- Using 2 fingers, touch and hold any area of the screen until you hear "ChromeVox spoken feedback is ready.”
- To turn off spoken feedback, using 2 fingers, touch and hold any area of the screen.
When spoken feedback is turned on, the volume can be adjusted by touching and dragging the right side of the screen up or down.
Note: Only use one input source at a time. If you use a touchscreen, then the physical keyboard, you might need to restart spoken feedback.
You can use your voice to join and leave video meetings, dial a phone number, and more with the Google Assistant and the Asus® Hangouts Meet hardware kit.
Note: The Google Assistant is always on by default in rooms where it is enabled by your administrator.
- If you want to turn off the Assistant for the rest of the video meeting, choose an option:
- On the touchscreen, next to Google Assistant, tap Turn Off .
- Say Ok Google, turn on Assistant or Ok Google, turn off Assistant.
- To turn on spoken feedback, say OK Google, turn on spoken feedback.
You can use the touchscreen for live captions. They show the text of the conversation on the TV monitor during video meetings. For more, read Use captions in a Meet hardware video meeting.