You can share content on your laptop—for example, a set of slides, a document, a spreadsheet—during the video call. Whether they’re in a room or on personal devices, other meeting participants can see what you share.
Join from a room and present from a laptop
If you plan to join a meeting from a room, bring your laptop if you want to share content. You’ll join the meeting through the display, but you’ll present from your laptop.
For example, on a Chromebook you can share your whole screen. On laptops with other operating systems, you can also share just a specific window.
The name of the video call or the meeting code is at the top of the display.
When you use classic Hangouts:
- Open a Chrome browser and enter http://g.co/present/domain/meeting-name in the address bar.
- Type the name of the video call and click Enter.
- Choose the window you want to share.
- Click Start screenshare when you’re ready for people to see your content.
Important: The meeting must allow participants to join with the link .
- Use the Chromebox for meetings remote to select .
- Click Change.
- Click Allow.
- The meeting will change to Join with link .
- Presenters can then enter g.co/present/domain/meeting-name in a web browser. For example: g.co/present/solarmora.com/meeting1
When you use Hangouts Meet:
- Go to https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the scheduled meeting, or enter a meeting code.
- Click Present to meeting.
- Select a window or application.
- Select Share.
Note: Presenters do not need a Google account.
Join and present from the same laptop
You can join the video call and present to others from the same laptop.What do I need to do when I’m done presenting and someone else wants to present?
It depends on how much of your screen you are sharing. If you are just sharing one browser window or application, that's all your audience will see. If you are sharing your whole desktop, your audience can see everything on your screen.
When you choose Screenshare in classic Hangouts or Present in Hangouts Meet, you then choose whether to share your entire screen or an application window.
When you're sharing your screen, what you're showing uses as much of the viewing window as possible. When another participant chooses your video feed or if they're in the "present to everyone" mode, the thumbnail photos of the video call participants block whatever is showing in the window's lower section. You can hide or show the participant photos by clicking the thumbnail icon .