You can present your entire screen or a specific window in a meeting. While you present, you can share information such as documents, presentations, spreadsheets and more.
Present during a meeting
- Join a Meet video call.
- At the bottom, click Present now .
- Select Your entire screen, A window or A tab.
- If you present a Chrome tab, it shares that tab's audio by default.
- To present a different tab, select the tab that you want to present, click Share this tab instead.
- Click Share.
- Optional: To unpin your presentation and view it as a tile, click Unpin . You can now see more participants while you present.
If your camera is turned on, your video is active while you're presenting.
Tip: For better presentations and to prevent mirroring, share a new window or a specific tab instead of the meeting window.
- In the Meet window, click Stop presenting.
- At the bottom right, click You are presenting Stop presenting.
Present if someone else is already presenting
- At the bottom, click Present now.
- Select Your entire screen, A window or Chrome tab.
- Select Present instead.
Tip: If you start to present during someone else's presentation, their presentation will be paused.
Important: You must use a computer and a Chrome browser to present directly to Google Meet from Google Docs, Sheets or Slides.
You can present directly to Google Meet from Google Docs, Sheets or Slides. This can make it easier to present a document, sheet or slides to a meeting you are attending. Before you present, join the meeting to find out if it is being recorded.
- Go to Google Meet.
- Join a meeting.
- Open a file in Docs, Sheets or Slides.
- In the top menu area, click Present to a meeting .
- Choose your meeting (or enter a meeting code).
- Select the preview of the tab to confirm and start sharing.
- Back in Meet, view your presented content directly in the meeting.
If you present from Slides, you can click Present
to show your presentation in full-screen mode.
Join only to present
When you join to present, only your computer's window or application is displayed in the meeting. No audio or other video is sent or received.
- Go to https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the scheduled meeting, or click Join or start a Meeting.
- Enter a meeting code.
- Click Present.
- Select a window or application.
- Select Share.
Prevent participants from sharing their screen
Important: Host management
must be turned on to use the 'present lock' feature.
Meeting hosts can stop participants from sharing their screen. If you turn presentations off in recurring meetings or meetings that use the same meeting code, the setting will be saved for the next scheduled meeting. If you turn presentations off in a one-time, nicknamed or instant meeting, the presentation setting will turn on after the meeting ends.
To turn screen share on or off:
- Join a Meet video call.
- At the bottom right, click Host controls .
- Turn Share their screen on or off.
: If you can't turn the setting on or off, you might need to turn off a Chrome extension for Meet. Learn how to install and manage extensions