Present during a meeting
- Join a video meeting.
- At the bottom, select Present now .
- Select Your entire screen, A window or A tab.
- If you present a Chrome tab, it shares that tab's audio by default.
- To present a different tab, select the tab that you want to present, click Share this tab instead.
- Select Share.
If your camera is turned on, your video is active while you're presenting.
- In the Meet window, click Stop presenting.
- At the bottom , you can also click You are presenting Stop presenting.
Present if someone else is already presenting
- At the bottom, click Present now.
- Select your entire screen, a window or Chrome tab.
- Select Present instead.
Tip: You can present your screen during someone else's presentation. If you start to present, their presentation will pause.
Join only to present
When you join to present, only your computer's window or application is displayed in the meeting. No audio or other video is sent or received.
- Go to https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the scheduled meeting, or click Join or start a Meeting.
- Enter a meeting code.
- Click Present.
- Select a window or application.
- Select Share.
Prevent participants from sharing their screen
Important: Preventing call participants from sharing their screen is currently only available for G Suite for Education users. You can only enable this setting on a computer, but it applies to all device types.
Meeting organisers can stop participants from sharing their screen. If you turn presentations off in recurring meetings or meetings that use the same meeting code, the setting will be saved for the next scheduled meeting. If you turn presentations off in a one-time, nicknamed or instant meeting, the presentation setting will turn on after the meeting ends.
To turn screen share on or off:
- Join a Meet video call.
- At the bottom, click Host controls .
- Turn Share their screen on or off.
Tip: If you can't turn the setting on or off, you might need to turn off a Chrome extension for Meet. Learn how to install and manage extensions.