Start or open a Google Jamboard while in a video call. A Jamboard is a virtual dry whiteboard where you can brainstorm ideas live with others.
Important: You can only start or open a Jamboard during a Meet call if you joined the call on a computer. Video call participants on a mobile device or tablet will get a link to a Jamboard file and be directed to the Jamboard app.
Start or open a Jamboard in a video call
- Start or Join a meeting.
- At the bottom right, click Activities Whiteboarding.
- Select an option:
- To create a new Jamboard: Click Start a new whiteboard.
- To open an existing Jamboard from your drive, shared drives or computer: Click Choose from Drive.
Tip: The Jamboard file will open in a new tab and a link will be shared automatically via the in-call chat.
4. Understand Jamboard access permissions:
- Participants on the calendar invitation and in the same organisation as the Jamboard host are automatically given edit access to the Jamboard once shared.
Important: If you're a Google Workspace for Education user, participants are given view-only access by default. You'll need to grant them edit access to the Jamboard.
- Participants not on the calendar invitation but in the same organisation as the Jamboard host are automatically given edit access if the Jamboard is shared after they’ve joined the video call.
Important: You’ll need to give access to any participants who join the video call after the Jamboard has been shared.
- Participants from a different organisation than the Jamboard host need to be given access. Open the Jam file > click Share type in the email addresses click Done.