Start or open a Google Jamboard while in a video call. A Jamboard is a virtual dry erase board where you can brainstorm ideas live with others.
Important: You can only start or open a Jamboard during a Meet call if you joined the call on a computer. Video call participants on a mobile device or tablet will get a link to a Jamboard file and be directed to the Jamboard app.
Start or open a Jamboard in a video call
- In the video call at the bottom, click More options Whiteboard.
- To create a new Jamboard, click Start a new whiteboard. To open an existing Jamboard from your drive, shared drives, or computer, click Choose from Drive.
Tip: The Jamboard file will open in a new tab and a link is shared automatically via the in-call chat.
- Understand Jamboard access permissions:
- Participants on the calendar invite and in the same organization as the Jamboard host are automatically given edit access to the Jamboard once shared.
Important: If you're a G Suite for Education user, participants are given view-only access by default. You'll need to grant them edit access to the Jamboard.
- Participants not on the calendar invite but in the same organization as the Jamboard host are automatically given edit access if the Jamboard is shared after they’ve joined the video call.
Important: You’ll need to give access to any participants who join the video call after the Jamboard is shared.
- Participants from a different organization than the Jamboard host need to be given access. Open the Jam file > click Share type in the email addresses click Done.