The Google Maps app has been updated to help you access features faster.
We've removed the Menu . You can access features that were under Menu through the bottom tabs on the Home screen and profile picture or initial on the top right-hand corner.
When you open the Google Maps app, you'll find five tabs at the bottom of the Home Screen:
- Explore : Choose where to go.
- Go : What to expect along your frequent trips.
- Saved : Create lists and recall places.
- Contribute : Share experiences, add info and reviews, and fix problems.
- Updates : Get notifications for relevant information.
Features like Location Sharing, Timeline and offline maps are available in the profile picture or initial in the top right.
How to access Google Maps features
You can find detailed reviews and descriptions of the most popular establishments and hotspots in the area. Search for popular locations, local events, trendy restaurants or things to do in Google Maps.
For more info on how to use the Explore tab, refer to Search for nearby places and explore the area.
Find all of your frequent trips in one tap. You’ll get information about your ETA, the traffic reports and the accidents along the way.
You can use the Saved tab to find personalised content like:
- Recently saved places
- Your lists
- My maps
You can now access features in Contribute that were in Menu Your Profile and 'Your Contributions'.
At the bottom, tap Contribute to add places, write reviews, upload photos or suggest an edit. You can also submit corrections to roads and places, manage your Maps profile and find your contribution views and impact.
We've moved some new features into Account Circle that were previously in different parts of the interface.
Features that haven't changed
- Sign in and out of your account
- Your data in Maps
- Turn on Incognito mode
Features that have moved into the Account Circle
- Your Business Profile
- Timeline: Find and manage your Location History info.
- Location Sharing: Choose who can find your location and whose location you can find on Google Maps.
- Offline maps: Find and manage your offline maps.
- Settings: Manage your Wi-Fi, distance units, notifications and commute settings on Google Maps.
- Help & feedback: Access Help and submit feedback, like requesting corrections to roads and places from the same screen.
Manage your privacy settings
Tap your profile picture or initial to access and manage these privacy settings: