The Google Maps app has been updated to help you access features faster.
- We removed the Menu . You can access features that were under Menu :
- On the Home screen through the bottom tabs
- In the top right, through profile picture or initial
- When you open the Google Maps app, you can find 5 tabs at the bottom of the Home Screen:
- Explore : Choose where to go.
- Go : What to expect along your frequent trips.
- Saved : Create lists and recall places.
- Contribute : Share experiences, add info and reviews, and fix problems.
- Updates : Get notifications for relevant information.
- Features like Location sharing, Timeline, and offline maps are available in the top right, in the profile picture or initial .
How to access Google Maps features
You can find detailed reviews and descriptions of the most popular establishments and hotspots in the area. In Google Maps, search for popular locations, local events, trendy restaurants, or things to do.
For more info on how to use the Explore tab, refer to Search for nearby places and explore the area.
Find all of your frequent trips in one tap. You’ll get information about your ETA and the traffic reports and the accidents along the way.
You can use the Saved tab to find personalized content like:
- Recently saved places
- Your lists
- My maps
You can now access features in Contribute that were in Menu under "Your Profile" or “Your Contributions.”
To add places, write reviews, upload photos, or suggest an edit, at the bottom, tap Contribute .
- You can also submit corrections to roads and places, manage your Maps profile, and find your contribution views and impact.
We moved some new features into Account Circle that were previously in different parts of the interface.
Features that have not changed
- Sign in and out of your account
- Your data in Maps
- Turn on Incognito mode
Features that have moved into the Account Circle
- Your Business Profile
- Timeline: Find and manage your Location History info.
- Location Sharing: Choose who can find your location and whose location you can find on Google Maps.
- Offline maps: Find and manage your offline maps.
- Settings: Manage your Wi-Fi, distance units, notifications, and commute settings on Google Maps.
- Help & feedback: Access Help and submit feedback, like requesting corrections to roads and places from the same screen.
Manage your privacy settings
Tap your profile picture or initial to access and manage these privacy settings: