The Google Maps app has been updated to help you access features faster.
We've removed the Menu . You can now access features that were under Menu through the bottom tabs on the Home screen and Account Circle on the upper right hand corner.
When you open the Google Maps app, you'll find 5 tabs at the bottom of the Home Screen:
- Explore : Choose where to go.
- Commute : What to expect along your daily commute.
- Saved : Create lists and recall places.
- Contribute : Share experiences, add info and reviews, and fix problems.
- Updates : Get notifications for relevant information.
Important: In select cities, you'll find Go instead of Commute in your Google Maps app.
Features like Location Sharing, Timeline and offline maps are available in the Account Circle in the top right.
How to access Google Maps features
You can find detailed reviews and descriptions of the most popular establishments and hotspots in the area. Search for popular locations, local events, trendy restaurants, or things to do in Google Maps.
For more info on how to use the Explore tab, “Search for nearby places and explore the area.”
Before you go somewhere, plan your trip and find useful info for your commute. You’ll get info on when to leave, traffic reports, routes to take, and accidents along the way.
For more info on how to use the Commute tab, “Plan your commute or trip.”
You can now access features in Saved that were in Menu Your places.
At the bottom, tap Saved to see all your lists:
- Lists: Find lists of your favorite, want to go, and starred places.
- Labeled: Find the places you’ve added private labels to.
- Reservations: Get info about upcoming trips and events.
- Following: Find the places you’re following.
- Visiting: Find the places you’ve visited.
- Maps: Find your shared custom maps.
You can now access features in Contribute that were in Menu Your Profile and “Your Contributions.”
At the bottom, tap Contribute to add places, write reviews, upload photos, or suggest an edit. You can also submit corrections to roads and places, manage your Maps profile, and find your contribution views and impact.
We have moved some new features into Account Circle that were previously in different parts of the interface.
Features that have not changed
- Sign in and out of your account
- Your data in Maps
- Turn on Incognito mode
Features that have moved into the Account Circle
- Your Business Profile
- Timeline: View and manage your Location History info.
- Location Sharing: Choose who can see your location and whose location you can see on Google Maps.
- Offline maps: Find and manage your offline maps.
- Settings: Manage your Wi-Fi, distance units, notifications, and commute settings on Google Maps.
- Help & feedback: Access Help and submit feedback, like requesting corrections to roads and places from the same screen.
Manage your privacy settings
Tap Account Circle to access and manage these privacy settings: