Contribute to Google Maps and earn points
How to get points
You can get points in seven ways. Learn how to:
- Review a place
- Rate a place
- Add photos to a place
- Answer questions about a place
- Edit a place's information
- Add a missing place
- Check facts about places nearby
How many points you’ll get
You'll earn points based on the type of contribution you make.
|Maps contribution||Points you get|
Learn more about Local Guides points and levels.
See your points breakdown
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Click the Menu Your contributions.
- Click on your name.
- Your points will appear in your profile. After you make a contribution, it may take up to 24 hours for your points to appear on your profile.
Note: As a Local Guide, you can move up in levels when you earn more points. Learn about the benefits at each level.