Contribute to Google Maps and earn points
How to get points
You can get points in seven ways. Learn how to:
- Review a place
- Rate a place
- Add photos to a place
- Answer questions about a place
- Edit a place's information
- Add a missing place
- Check facts about places nearby
How many points you’ll get
You'll earn points based on the type of contribution you make.
|Maps contribution||Points you get|
Learn more about Local Guides points and levels.
- This feature is available on iOS 10 and up.
- You can’t write a review or add a photo everywhere. If you can’t do this at your current location, you’ll just see your Local Guide level.
1. On the lock screen of your iPhone or iPad, swipe left to right until you see a list of widgets.
2. Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit.
3. Tap Add "Google Local Guides."
4. Tap Done. In your Today view, you can add info about your current location.
See your points breakdown
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Click the Menu Your contributions.
- Click on your name.
- Your points will appear in your profile. After you make a contribution, it may take up to 24 hours for your points to appear on your profile.
Note: As a Local Guide, you can move up in levels when you earn more points. Learn about the benefits at each level.