Contribute to Google Maps and earn points
Sign up to be a Local Guide and unlock benefits by contributing content to Google Maps. Earn points in five ways:
- Review a place
- Add photos to a place
- Answer questions about a place
- Add a missing place
- Edit a place's information
You'll earn one point for each type of contribution you make to a place. For example, if you add three photos to a place, you'll earn one point. If you add a review to the same place, you'll earn another point.
See your points breakdown
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Click the Menu Your contributions.
- Click on your name.
- Your points will appear in your profile. After you make a contribution, it may take up to 24 hours for your points to appear on your profile.
Note: As a Local Guide, you can move up in levels when you earn more points. Learn about the benefits at each level.