How to get points
You can get points from many types of published content:
Check your points breakdown
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Contribute .
- Tap your name.
- Your points show up in your profile.
Tip: When you make a contribution, it takes up to 24 hours for your points to appear on your profile.
Find content to contribute
You can find a list of things you can contribute to Google Maps. These might include:
- Places to review.
- Photos to add.
- Questions to answer about a place.
- Places that have missing information, like business hours or phone numbers.
- Places with information that must be verified, like business hours or closures.
To contribute to Google Maps:
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Contribute Contribute now.
Tip: Only Level 2 and above Local Guides can ask and answer questions about a city. City questions and answers aren't available in all countries or regions. Suggested places come from Location History and Search History.
How to contribute content
You can add content to Google Maps in 5 ways:
- To share your experiences, use your location and search history.
- To help others decide what to order, tag your published food and drink photos.
- Upload photos of the places you've recently visited.
- On your location history, rate places you visited.
- Add reviews to places you rated.