How to get points
You can get points from many types of published content:
Check your points breakdown
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Contribute .
- Tap your name.
- Tap the arrow to open up the breakdown.
- Your points show up in your profile.
Tip: When you make a contribution, it takes up to 24 hours for your points to appear on your profile.
Find content to contribute
You can find a list of things you can contribute to Google Maps. These might include:
- Places to review.
- Photos to add.
- Questions to answer about a place.
- Places that have missing information, like business hours or phone numbers.
- Places with information that must be verified, like business hours or closures.
To contribute to Google Maps:
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Contribute Contribute now.
Tip: Only Level 2 and above Local Guides can ask and answer questions about a city. City questions and answers aren't available in all countries or regions. Suggested places come from Location History and Search History.