Switch back to the classic version of Maps
If you're using the new version of Google Maps, you can switch back to the old, classic Google Maps temporarily or permanently.
Option 1: Click the button below to return to the classic Maps.
Option 2: Follow the instructions below.
- Go to the new Google Maps.
- In the bottom right corner, click Help .
- Click Return to classic Google Maps.
- In the box that appears, click Return to classic Google Maps. Any feedback you provide will help us improve the product for you in the future.
- Maps will revert back to the older version.
- Optional: To revert back permanently, click Yes in the bar that appears at the top.
Fix problems switching back
Your Maps version is stored in your browser, like Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. If you're having trouble going back to classic Maps, try the following:
- Make sure you've turned on cookies on your browser.
- Check your browser settings to make sure it's not clearing cookies when you exit.
Learn how to check these settings in Chrome.