Use the rich product content attribute
[rich_product_content] to provide rich product descriptions and media calling out special product features. The rich product content attribute
[rich_product_content] uses structured data markup to customize the look and feel of media experiences. The rich product content appears in the From the Manufacturer section and may be used to describe product features on Google Knowledge Panels.
When to use
Optional. Recommended for highlighting features on products to appear in the From the Manufacturer section.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure we understand the data you're submitting.
|When to Include||Recommended|
|Type||Special structured data|
|Character Count||20 kB max|
|TSV field example||
Note: You’ll need to encode the whole field in double quotes, and need to escape the double quotes inside the field by using two double quotes. CSV/TSV exporters will usually take care of this for you.
Note: You will need to encode this as CDATA within an XML file.
Note: Manufacturer Center API now supports the
rich_product_content attribute. Learn how to get started with Manufacturer Center API
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to show your product on Google. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in the Diagnostics page of your Manufacturer Center account.
- Submit at least one showcase feature or media gallery. Learn more about rich content data format
- If your content includes headlines, they must be unique; do not repeat feature headlines or text.
- For showcase features, do not replicate the headline as the text.
- For images, use a URL that points to an image in a supported file format.
- Make sure your URL can be crawled by Google. For example, ensure your robots.txt file is configured correctly. Learn more about robots.txt files
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Do not add manufacturer- or merchant-specific details, such as links, phone numbers, company information or promotional text.
- Make sure that grammar, capitalization, and punctuation are complete and consistent within headlines and text.
- Do not repeat the same image.
- Before submitting an image, test some of your image links using the Fetch as Google tool, which is available through Google Search Console. If you’re submitting a lot of new images, using this tool on a few links can help you detect issues before submitting images. Once you submit your image, it will be crawled within 3 days. Learn more about Search Console
- If you need to change an image of an existing product, submit a new URL for the new image. When you submit a new URL, the image will be crawled within 3 days. Keep in mind that if you change the image, but keep the same URL, it might take up to 6 weeks to detect and then crawl the new image.