Use the feature description
[feature_description] attribute to highlight specific features of your product. This attribute is a rich description that includes the sub-attributes headline
[text], and image link
[image_link]. The feature description attribute may be used to describe product features on Google Knowledge Panels.
When to use
Optional: Recommended for highlighting features on high traffic products.
If the rich product content
[rich_product_content] attribute is also used, then it supersedes the feature description
[feature_description] attribute and the details mentioned in the feature description attribute will not be displayed.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure Google understands the data you're submitting.
For details on when and how to submit values in English, learn more about submitting your product data
|Repeated field||Yes, up to 10 (minimum 2 required)|
|File format||Example value|
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to show your product on Google. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in the Diagnostics page of your Manufacturer Center account.
- If you choose to include feature description in your product data, you must include at least 2, but no more than 10, feature descriptions per product.
- You must include headline and text sub-attributes; the image link sub-attribute is optional.
- For TSV files, each feature description must contain 2 colons to separate the 3 sub-attributes; if the optional image link sub-attribute is not included, the feature description will end in a colon. Multiple feature description values for a single item should be separated by commas.
- If any of the sub-attributes contains a comma or a colon, you must enclose that sub-attribute in straight double quotes; any straight double quotes within that sub-attribute must be doubled.
- Do not enclose the entire feature description in double quotes; only the relevant sub-attribute.
- Each headline must be unique; do not repeat feature headlines or text.
- Do not replicate the headline as the text.
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Do not submit a headline without text, or vice versa.
- Do not use the same image for each feature description.
- Ensure that grammar, capitalization, and punctuation are complete and consistent within headlines and text.
- Do not add manufacturer or merchant-specific details, such as links, phone numbers, company information or promotional text.
- Avoid stock values, such as "n/a".
- Headlines should not repeat the title
|Product data for a Google Chromecast|
||Google Chromecast - Black|
|Mirror any website to the TV|
|If you can find it online, you can see it on your TV. See whatever’s on your laptop’s Chrome browser on the big screen.|