In this article:
- Access the hotel rate editor
- Booking page URL
- Minimum stay restrictions
- Update Settings
- Rate Entry
- Length of stay discount
- View your rates on Google
- Reporting and Ranking
Who can add rates and availability using Google Business Profile?
How do I access the rates and availability option using Google Business Profile?
What is a booking page URL?
A booking page allows a traveler to select their dates and finalize the reservation. In most cases, a traveler is asked to enter purchase details such as name and credit card information to secure the reservation.
When entering a booking page URL, don’t use a social media page like Facebook or an online travel agency (OTA) link like Expedia or Booking.com. The booking page URL must take travelers who click on your hotel via free booking links to your website to book directly with you, not a third party.
Where can I update my booking page URL?
I get an error when entering my booking page URL. How do I proceed?
- URL is not on your official hotel website: When entering a booking page URL, don’t use a social media page (like Facebook) or an online travel agency (OTA) link (like Expedia or Booking.com). The booking page URL must take travelers who click on your hotel via free booking links to your website to book directly with you, not a third party. Learn more about booking page URLs.
- An error occurred while verifying your booking page URL: It looks like we’re having trouble verifying your booking page URL. We recommend trying again later.
- URL is broken: We couldn’t load your booking page URL. It could be because the link is broken or the URL is timing out. We recommend trying to load the page on your end to verify that it’s working as intended.
- Enter the URL: The booking page URL field seems to be blank with no text entered. Enter a valid booking page URL to proceed.
What is a minimum stay restriction?
A minimum stay restriction is the fewest number of nights a traveler can book.
For example, If your minimum stay is 3 nights, your property won’t appear for travelers searching for 2-night stays.
Stay restrictions cannot be longer than 30 nights, and the shortest possible stay is 1 night. Hotels can add only one restriction at a time.
Where can I update my minimum stay restriction?
You can add or edit your minimum stay restriction using the calendar view or by clicking Rate settings.
Calendar View: Edit your minimum stay restriction for individual dates.
Rate Settings: You can set a minimum stay restriction for multiple dates by clicking Rate settings.
A separate setting will appear for entering the new restriction.
Adding new stay restrictions will override any previous restrictions. Hotels can add only one restriction at a time.
After a minimum stay restriction is entered, the calendar view will display an icon with the stay restriction you entered for the date. For a stay restriction of one day, the icon will not show on the calendar view.
I get an error when entering a stay restriction. How do I proceed?
- Can’t be longer than 30 nights: Stay restrictions cannot be longer than 30 nights. Enter a number between 1 and 30 to proceed.
- Travelers must stay at least 1 night: The shortest possible stay is 1 night. Enter a number bigger than 0 to proceed.
- Enter a number: The minimum stay restriction field needs to be a numerical value between 1 and 30. We default to 1 night minimum. Based on your minimum stay restriction, enter a number between 1 and 30 to proceed.
Can I change the default rate currency?
How do I change my internet booking engine?
How do I update the VAT/GST setting from including VAT/GST to not including it or vice versa?
What rate do I enter?
What taxes and fees should be included in the room rate?
How do I change my rates, taxes, and availability?
Can I set specific rates for holidays, weekends, or special events?
Use the rate calendar to update specific days one at a time. Click the date to edit inline. Sold-out dates can also be edited.You can also update rates in bulk using the bulk editor. Select the date range and days that the special rate applies to and enter your new rate.
Taxes and fees are set at the account level and can be updated by clicking on “Rate settings”. A change in your taxes and fees will apply to all rates.
Can I update VAT/GST and taxes/fees information for a specific period?
What if VAT/GST or taxes/fees apply only to travelers from certain countries or are different depending on the rate?
How far in advance can I enter my rates and availability?
How do I enter rates for other occupancies, room types, or rate plans?
What if I have different rates depending on the currency? How do I enter the various rates?
When do I need to set the availability to “Closed”? What happens when I do this?
What is a length of stay discount?
Where can I update the length of stay discount?
Can I add multiple discounts?
Is there a limit on the number of discounts I can add?
Is the discount based on the base or total rate?
Does the discount apply to the “End date” in the Minimum stay date range?
A hotel offers a discount for the date range June 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023, with a minimum stay of 3 nights.
If a user checks in on June 28 and checks out on July 1, they’ll get the discount for all 3 nights of their stay (from June 28 to June 30).
Do we have any restrictions on the amount of discount for different lengths of stay?
If some dates of a stay fall outside a length of stay discount period, is the discount applied to the entire stay?
A hotel offers a 30% discount for dates from Jan 01, 2023 to Jan 31, 2023 with minimum length of stay of 5 nights
A user chooses to stay from Jan 27, 2023 to Feb 03, 2023 (7 nights).
The user would get:
- 30% discount for the first 5 nights (Jan 27 to Jan 31)
- 0% discount for the 6th and 7th nights of the stay (Feb 1 and Feb 2)
If a stay spans over multiple different discount date ranges, will the highest discount be applied to the entire stay?
A hotel offers:
- A 15% discount for stays from Jan 1, 2023 to Jan 31, 2023 - Minimum stay 3 nights
- A 20% discount for stays from Feb 1, 2023 to Feb 28, 2023 - Minimum stay 4 nights
A user chooses to stay from Jan 29, 2023 to Feb 7, 2023 (9 nights in total). They’ll get:
- 15% discount for 3 nights in January (Jan 29, 2023 to Jan 31, 2023)
- 20% discount for 6 nights in February (from Feb 01, 2023 to Feb 06, 2023)
A user chooses to stay from Jan 29, 2023 to Feb 03, 2023 (5 nights in total). They’ll get:
- 15% discount for 3 nights in January (Jan 29, 2023 to Jan 31, 2023)
- 0% discount for 3 nights in February (from Feb 01, 2023 to Feb 03, 2023) because they don’t meet the minimum length of stay for the February discount.
How do I enter blackout dates?
Where will my rates appear on Google?
What happens when a traveler clicks on my rate?
How are prices presented in different regions?
For travelers in the United States and Canada, Google highlights the value of the base rate without taxes and fees more prominently. In all other countries, the total price (which includes taxes and other fees) is more prominently shown. However, all travelers have the ability to view prices with or without taxes and fees using a selector on Google. Google reserves the right to amend the way in which it displays prices to comply with local law or other requirements.
When a traveler clicks on your free booking link, they will be directed to your website to complete the booking process. The traveler will be charged in the currency supported by your Internet Booking Engine.
How long does it take for my rates and availability to appear on Google?
How are free booking links different from existing hotel ads?
How can I show in the ads section on Google Search?
If a traveler searches for a multi-night stay, how do you determine the price? I've only entered single night pricing.
How does my listing get ranked in free booking links?
Where can I track the clicks I generated from free booking links?
When a traveler clicks on your free booking link, we track these clicks and display them above the rates and availability calendar.