Cancel a Newsstand subscription
After subscribing to an item through Newsstand, you are billed automatically until you cancel your subscription. The credit card you originally used to make your purchase will be charged for your subscription.
You can cancel your subscription at any point, meaning your subscription will not renew at the end of its current term. If you cancel your subscription, no additional charges will be made. You will maintain access to the content received while your subscription was active.
Cancel your subscriptionUsing your computer
On your library
- Visit your Newsstand library.
- Click Cancel for the subscription you'd like to cancel.
On Google Play
- Visit My Account.
- Click the Menu icon for the subscription you'd like to cancel.
- Select Cancel subscription.
On Google Wallet
- Visit Google Wallet.
- Click More > Subscriptions along the left side of your screen.
- Click Cancel subscription for the subscription you’d like to cancel.
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Touch Newsstand.
- Search for the title of your subscription.
- Touch the title in your search results.
- Touch Cancel.
Note: Canceling a subscription will not retroactively refund subscription payments, and previously charged subscription fees cannot be prorated based on cancellation date.
For example: If you purchased a one-year subscription on January 1 for $10 and cancel your subscription on July 1, your subscription will remain active until December 31 and you will be charged the full $10. You will continue to get new issues for July through December and will have access to the issues after your subscription has ended. You will not be charged another annual subscription of $10.