Some health and wellness, video or music streaming, dating apps, and more, give you the option to get premium services and features for a price. You can subscribe to these apps with Google Play.
When you subscribe:
- You’ll automatically be charged each renewal period depending on your subscription terms, for example: weekly, or annually.
- If you accept a $0/month trial offer, you'll get an email when your trial is about to end.
- At the end of your $0/month trial period, you’ll automatically get charged the amount in your subscriptions terms.
- To avoid charges, cancel the subscription before the trial period expires.
- You might find a payment authorization on your payment method up to 24 hours before the renewal date but you’ll only be charged on the renewal date. To remove the payment authorization, cancel the subscription before the renewal date.
- You can cancel your subscription at any time in the subscriptions section on Google Play. When you cancel your subscription, you’ll lose access to the subscription at the end of the current billing period. Learn how to cancel your subscription.
- You can also add a second payment method to your Google Play account to help prevent interruptions to your subscription service in case your primary payment method expires or fails. Learn how to add a backup payment method.
- If your payment fails, you may have a grace period to update your payment method. During the grace period, you may still be able to use your subscription. When the grace period ends, or immediately if there is no grace period, your account is placed on hold and you can't use the subscription. If the payment issue doesn't get resolved within 30 days, the subscription is automatically canceled.
- Google may share subscription data that doesn’t personally identify you with developers to help them offer subscriptions.
Tip: If you use a Chromebook and have the Google Play Store installed, tap Android.
Subscribe to services & content on apps
Start a subscription from a website
- On the website that offers a subscription, select Subscribe with your Google Account or Subscribe with Google.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Select a subscription offer, like yearly or monthly. This may depend on the types of subscription the website offers.
- Confirm your payment method and billing address.