Transfer apps to a different developer account
If you have apps that you want to transfer to a different Google Play developer account, you can submit a transfer request after reviewing the instructions below.
Get your app ready to transferStep 1: Review policy guidelines
When you transfer apps to a different account, your apps' users, download statistics, ratings and reviews, content ratings, and store listing information are all transferred to your new account.Your bulk export reports, payout reports, and earnings reports won't transfer with the app, so you may want to download any reports you'll need later. New versions of these reports will be created once the app transfers to a new account.
Before you can submit a transfer request from your original account to a different account (known as your target account), both Google Play developer accounts need to be registered and active.
To confirm an account is active, make sure:
- Original account: You're able to sign in.
- Target account: Your registration is complete. If you see the message "Why can't I publish" in the app header, review the information provided to resolve any missing information.
Note: If you create a new target account, you need to pay a $25 USD registration fee. After the transfer is complete, if you want to close your original account, our support team can refund the registration fee for that account.
You'll need the registration transaction ID for the target account. To find the transaction ID, search the target account owner's email inbox for “developer registration fee.”
If you can’t find the transaction ID email receipt:
- With the target account owner's email address, sign in to Google Payments.
- On the left menu, select Activity.
- Find and select the transaction for your developer account registration.
- Tip: Search your transactions for “Google Play Developer.”
- Your transaction ID is listed near the bottom of the transaction details.
Registration transactions IDs are typically in one of the following formats:
Additional requirements for select appsPaid apps or apps with in-app products
If you're transferring paid apps or apps with in-app products, your target account needs to have an active payments profile.
If you're using a different default currency on your target account, here are two conditions that apply to your transfer:
- In-app purchases only: You need to add a price in the new default currency for each in-app product. After your app is transferred to your target account, the app will be unpublished until you publish it again. Once you've verified the new prices on your target account, publish the app again.
- Paid apps: Default currency changes will be automatically applied to app prices.
Tip: If you're only transferring free apps and have completed the previous steps, move on to the next step.
If your app uses any integrated services, including Google Analytics, Firebase, and Google Play game services, make sure to update your account settings and apps.
- Google Analytics: Add permissions for your target account to your Google Analytics account.
- Google Developers Console projects: Add your target account as an Owner for your Google Developers Console projects. These projects can include Google+ sign-in, Google Play game services, and other Google APIs.
- Firebase projects: Unlink any Firebase projects from the original Play Console account and link the projects to the target account.
- Ad SDK integrations (including AdMob): Once your apps have been transferred to your target account, to make sure ad traffic is credited to the correct account, all ad SDK integrations will need to be updated in your apps' APK files.
- APK translations: If you have any translation projects in progress using Google Play's translation service, they need to be completed before your app(s) can be transferred.
- Managed Google Play: To transfer a private app, make sure the account you want to transfer your app to is associated with your organization. Before the transfer can be completed, you'll need to temporarily unpublish your app and remove organization restrictions. Our support team will work with you to minimize the time your app isn't visible. Existing users will still be able to use and reinstall the app during the transfer process.
Tip: If you need help transferring a game services project, contact our support team.
Submit your transfer request
After you've completed the steps above, you're ready to submit your transfer request. Our support team reviews and replies to transfer requests within 2 business days.