Cancel your Google One membership
You can stop your Google One membership plan at any time.
What happens when you cancel Google One
- You'll stop future Google One payments.
- You and your family members will lose access to extra member benefits and Google experts.
- You and your family members will lose access to your additional storage. Each person will keep their default 15 GB of free storage. If you're using more than 15 GB of storage, all your files will stay safe, but you won't be able to store anything new. For example:
- Google Drive: You won't be able to sync or upload new files. Syncing between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive will stop. You can still create Google documents because they don't take up any storage space.
- Google Photos: If you store photos in Original quality and run out of storage space, you can buy more storage, back up in High quality (lower resolution), or turn off back up.
- Gmail: You won't be able to send or receive messages.
How soon your membership ends
When you cancel your membership, your Google One storage and benefits won’t go away immediately. You have until the end of the billing cycle to use them. At that time, you will lose all your benefits.
Cancel your Google One plan
To stop paying for Google One and end your membership:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google One app .
- On the left, tap Menu Settings Cancel membership.
- To confirm, tap Cancel membership.
You should get a confirmation that your subscription is cancelled.
If you don't want to cancel your membership, you can decrease storage instead.