If your photos and videos don't sync to your Google Account, check your backup status:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the top right, tap your account profile photo or initial. Look for one of the following messages:
- Backup complete: Your upload is complete and you have no more items waiting to back up
- Backup is off: Backup and sync is turned off. To turn on backup, tap Turn on backup.
- Backing up: Your photos and videos are currently backing up. You’ll also find the number of items remaining.
- Preparing backup or Getting ready to back up: Your photos and videos are getting ready to back up.
- Waiting for connection or Waiting for Wi-Fi: Change your settings or connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
If your back up is stuck or you have other problems, try these steps:Check your backup settings
- Open the Google Photos app .
- At the top right, tap your account profile picture or initial Photos settings Back up & sync.
- If Back up & sync is turned on, you should see these options:
- Backup account: Make sure that the account listed is the same one you're viewing in the Google Photos app. To see which account you're viewing in the Google Photos app, open the Google Photos main menu and find your email address at the top.
- Back up device folders: Tap and select to back up photos and videos from other apps, like Hangouts and WhatsApp.
- Upload size: Tap to change the upload size of your photos and videos. Learn how to change your upload size.
- Cellular data back up: Choose whether you want to back up your photos or videos using your mobile network (rather than just WI-Fi). Charges from your service provider may apply.
A photo or video may not be uploading because it doesn't meet our requirements:
- Photos can't exceed 75MB or 100 megapixels
- Videos can't exceed 10GB
If your back up is processing, at the top, you’ll see how many photos are left and the thumbnails of photos that are currently being backed up.
Check which photo hasn’t been backed up
- Select a photo.
- If a photo hasn’t been backed up, at the top, you’ll see Back up .
Check all photos that have been backed upOn your computer, go to photos.google.com. Every photo and video you see here is backed up.
You can back up photos and videos that you’ve downloaded or saved from other apps.
- Open the Google Photos app.
- At the bottom, tap Library Photos on device.
- Tap a folder that you want to back up.
- At the top, turn on Back up & sync.
- Open your device's Settings app (not the Google Settings app).
- Tap Apps and notifications Google Photos app .
- Tap Disable and wait a bit.
- Tap Enable.
- On your Android device, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- At the top right, tap your account profile photo or initial Photos settings Back up & sync.
- Turn on Back up & sync.
If you still have problems, send feedback to Google Photos