By enabling call recording, you can play calls made to your call ads, as well as your call and location assets.
Call recording requirements
To enable call recording, you need to have the following:
- At least Administrative access to the Google Ads account. Once enabled, MCC and direct users with Admin or direct users with Standard access will be able to replay the recordings via the Call Details Report.
- Call reporting enabled. Learn more about call reporting.
- A US-based number.
- Verified domain ownership for all unique domains used in ads and assets that you wish to record.
You can verify your domain by linking your Google Search Console and Google Ads accounts or by adding your unique Google Ads conversion tracking tag or remarketing tag to your website. Call ads and assets whose domain have not been verified in this way will not be available for play, even if the setting has been enabled.
Note: Calls made via the Website Call Conversion tag are not eligible for recording and play at this time.
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- Click All campaigns in the left navigation menu.
- Click Settings in the page menu, and then click the Account settings tab and open the 'Call reporting' section.
- Under 'Save call recordings for 30 days' select On.
- If this is your first time enabling call recording, then you’ll be prompted to accept the Call & Messaging Terms and Conditions. Accept.
Once enabled, recorded calls are available for 30 days after the date of the call. The following message will be played to callers on eligible ad formats: 'Google and its partners may record the call and retain this call for quality and research purposes'.
Users with Administrative access can always toggle the feature on and off. Toggling this feature off will prevent any users of the account from playing any pre-existing recordings.