Once you have set up call recording, you can start replaying your calls. When recording is enabled, a new column will be available in the call details report that allows you to play the audio of the call. Recorded calls are available for 30 days after the date of the call.
Although only users with Administrative access to the Google Ads account can set up and manage call recording, MCC and direct users with Admin or direct users with Standard access will be able to play recordings, once enabled.
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- Click on Reports in the upper right corner.
- Click on Predefined Reports (Dimensions).
- Click on Extensions.
- Click on Call Details.
- From there, you’ll be able to see the "Recording" column and play the audio from the call.
Recording not available
Call recording is only available using the Google Ads UI and the recordings are not available for download. When accessing through the Google Ads UI, there are a few reasons why you might not be able to play a call recording:
- Unsupported phone number: This error indicates that the phone number used in the ad that triggered the call is not supported due to geographic restrictions. Currently, this feature is only available on US-based phone numbers.
- Unverified URL: This error indicates that the domain used in the ad that led to the call has not been verified. You can verify your domain by linking your Google Search Console and Google Ads accounts or by adding your unique Google Ads conversion tracking tag or remarketing tag to your website. Call ads and assets whose domain have not been verified in this way will not be available for play, even if the setting has been enabled.
- Unsupported call source: This error indicates the call came from an unsupported call source, such as calls made to a website call conversion tag. At this time, only calls made to your call ads and your call assets are eligible for this feature.