Before you begin
- You’ll need to set up an account on Skillshop. Learn how to set up your Skillshop account
- We recommend linking a single Skillshop account with a single Google Ads user’s account.
- If a second Skillshop user tries to link to the same Google Ads user’s account email address, they will get an error and won't be able to link until the original linked user email address is unlinked.
- While a single Skillshop account can be linked to multiple Google Ads users’ accounts email addresses (which will show up as "shared with N other users" in the UI), only one set of certifications will be counted.
- If a user has more than one Skillshop account, the user will need to link from the account where they have their Google Ads certifications. If a user has linked from one of their Skillshop accounts that does not have their Google Ads certifications, the user will need to unlink that Skillshop account, go to their Skillshop account with their Google Ads certifications, and link from that account. See “Checking your linking status” and “Unlink your Google Ads and Skillshop accounts” sections below for details on the linking and unlinking steps.
- We recommend using your personal email for your Skillshop account and linking to a corporate email in Google Ads. That way, your certifications are still attributed to you as you move companies.
- First, you’ll need to go to the "Edit profile" page of your Skillshop account. You can do this one of two ways.
- You can go to Skillshop and log in. Make sure you log in with your personal Skillshop account (or the account you are using to earn Google Ads certifications).
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner. Then click My Profile, and in the top right corner under your profile picture, click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to Share my Skillshop account information.
- Choose the Connect your Google Ads Account button and select the email address you are using on your Google Ads account to ensure your Google Ads certifications are credited to your Google Ads account.
- It may take up to 48 hours for the Skillshop profile to sync to the Google Ads Account.
- Read through the Data Sharing Agreement. Click Accept and continue.
- Log in with or choose the email address you are using to access your Google Ads manager account.
After 48 hours, log back into your Google Ads account to view your updated linking status by going to the User certifications table in the "Partners program" tab.
Check your linking status
- Log in to your Google Ads manager account.
- Click on the Partners program tab in your left navigation bar.
- Click on the View Details link in the "User certifications" card.
- Once you are on the "User certifications" page, you will see a list of users and their linking status. If you are logged into your Ads manager account, the email you see in parentheses in this table is the Skillshop user account you’ve linked to your Ads account. There is a toggle at the top of the "Linked in Skillshop" column. When the arrow is facing down, the linked users will be displayed first.
- Log in to your personal Skillshop account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner. Then click My Profile. Under your profile picture, click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to the section Share my Skillshop account information.
- Under the "Connect to Google Ads Account button", you’ll see ‘Google Ads’, followed by your email address.
- Click the x [icon], to unlink your account.