Why can’t I find my Smart campaign ad on Google search results?
Just because your ad doesn’t appear when you perform a Google search, doesn’t mean your ad isn’t showing. Many factors determine when and where your ad shows.
1. Smart campaign ad status
Make sure the status of your campaign is set to "active."
- If your campaign is "pending" there is no action required of you -- your ads are being reviewed to make sure they comply with our Google Ads policies.
- If your campaign is "inactive" you must follow the instructions to address the issue with your campaign.
- If your campaign is "paused" you must toggle the status to "active" by clicking the drop-down arrow next to "paused" and clicking "resume campaign."
Your budget is one factor in determining how often your ads will show. If you want to increase how often your ads show, try increasing your budget.
Additionally, when you advertise on Google search results, you are competing with other advertisers who also want to show ads to people searching for what you offer. How much you are willing to spend on your ad determines how often and where your ads appear on Google search results. Learn more about Smart campaign budgets.
3. Website Quality
Make sure your website is high-quality and relevant to your Smart campaign ad. Learn more about how to improve your website.
4. Ad quality
Google is committed to showing high-quality, useful ads. Make sure your ad is well-written and tailored for people looking for what you offer. Learn more about how to write effective ads for Smart campaigns.
5. Products and Services
The products and services entered for your Smart campaign are used to curate Search Phrases which are used to trigger your ad. Ensure the products and services associated with your Smart campaign are accurate, precise, and relevant to your business, so your ads will only trigger for searches that are relevant to your business. Learn more about products and services.
Other things to keep in mind
Repeatedly searching for your own business on Google without clicking your ad, may cause you to stop seeing it. Google's system recognizes your computer and will stop showing ads that it thinks you aren't interested in.
If you do see your ad, be careful not to click it or you’ll be charged for that click.
You can be assured that if your Smart campaigns dashboard is reporting clicks and impressions, your ad is appearing to your customers.
How to preview your ad
To see how your ad will look to customers (without affecting its performance):
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Details on the ad you’d like to preview.
- In your dashboard, find the “Ad preview” card and click the three-dot menu in the top right.
- Click Edit ad text.
- Note: If you have multiple ad versions, click Edit on the ad version you’d like to preview.
- Click See how your ad will appear.