Use a feed to target Dynamic Search Ads
Use a page feed to specify precisely which URLs to use with your Dynamic Search Ads (DSA). When you provide a page feed of your landing pages, it helps Google Ads to determine when to show your ads and where to direct people on your website. We recommend that you add custom labels to the URLs in your page feed to categorize and organize the targets for your Dynamic Search Ads.
If you use many targeting sources for your Dynamic Search Ads, this article explains how to save time by adding and uploading them with a page feed. If you'd rather add just a few targets, create targets for Dynamic Search Ads.
Before you begin
Download the page feed data template (recommended) or create your own spreadsheet with at least 2 columns:
- Page URL: This is the webpage you want to target. Enter one URL per row. Don’t use URLs with added tracking parameters. Learn how to set up tracking for Dynamic Search Ads.
- Custom label: This label will help you target ads within your page feed and adjust your bid per label. Enter one or more labels per row separated with a semicolon (;). For example, you can create custom labels for popular hotels based on their star rating. Each 4-star rated hotel can be labeled "FOUR_STAR"; "POPULAR_DESTINATION"; and so on.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
Upload your spreadsheet
Follow these steps to upload your spreadsheet to your account:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the upper right corner of your account, click the tools icon , then select Business data under “Setup”.
- Click the plus button , then select Page feed.
- Enter a name for your feed.
- Click Choose file and attach your feed file.
- Optional: Click Preview to view a summary of what will be uploaded.
- Click Apply.
Select your targeting source
- In your Google Ads account, go to Campaigns in the page menu.
- Click one of your Search Network campaigns that has dynamic ad groups. If you don't have one, go to Create Dynamic Search Ads.
- Go to Settings in the page menu.
- Expand the Dynamic Search Ads option.
- Select one of these targeting sources for your page feed:
- Use URLs from my page feed only. This option lets you target based on custom labels, specific rules, or all web pages, but it only works for URLs in your feed. For example, if you have a “URL contains Flowers” target, it will serve all pages in your feed that have “Flowers” in the URL.
- Use URLs from both Google's index of my website and my page feed. This option lets you target custom labels, specific rules, and all web pages, and it works for URLs in your feed and from your website. For example, if you have a “URL contains Flowers” target, it will serve all pages in both Google’s index and your feed that have “Flowers” in the URL. If you use custom labels, you will still only serve pages from your feed, since those are the only pages with custom labels. Learn how to use labels in Google Ads
- Select one or more of your feeds to use with the campaign.
- Click Save.
Set up tracking (optional)
To set up a DSA page feed, you’ll need to have a final URL that doesn’t redirect. Learn how to set up tracking for Dynamic Search Ads.