You can adjust your bids for specific days and times. By setting bid adjustments, your spending on individual clicks may vary, but your average daily budget won't change.
Before you begin
- If you set bid adjustments for mobile devices or locations, all your adjustments are multiplied to determine the resulting bid adjustment. Learn more About bid adjustments
- Bid adjustments affect all bids in a campaign. When the period of your bid adjustment is over, your normal campaign bids are restored unless you've set other adjustments. For example, for devices or locations.
- Ad scheduling bid adjustments are available for campaigns using the Maximize clicks automated bid strategy. Learn more About Maximize clicks bidding
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click More. Then, click Ad schedule.
- Edit your bid adjustment in 2 ways:
- To edit the bid adjustment of a single campaign, hover over the bid adjustment value under the “Bid adj.” column. Then, click the pencil icon .
- To edit the bid adjustment of multiple campaigns, check the box of the campaigns you want to edit. Then, click Edit and select Change bid adjustments.
- From the drop-down, select Increase or Decrease. Then, enter a value for the percentage of the bid adjustment.
- If you’re editing the bid adjustment of a single campaign, click Save. If you’re editing the bid adjustment of multiple campaigns, click Apply.
For example, you run a dog-sled touring business in Alaska, and you have an existing max CPC bid of $1.00 USD. You've scheduled your ad to show on Tuesdays between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. You decide to set a bid adjustment of +10% on Tuesdays between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. So, your maximum bid for that time period is $1.00 USD x (+10%) = $1.10 USD.
Because many customers that love your dog-sled tours live in Anchorage, you decide to set an additional +20% adjustment for Anchorage. Your maximum resulting bid on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. for an Anchorage customer is $1.32 USD. Here's how it works:
- Starting bid: $1.00 USD
- Tuesdays, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. adjustment: $1.00 USD x (+10%) = $1.10 USD
- Anchorage adjustment: $1.10 USD x (+20%) = $1.32 USD
- Maximum bid for Tuesdays, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., in Anchorage: $1.32 USD
When your scheduled bid adjustment is over, your normal campaign bids are restored unless you’ve set other adjustments. In this example, your maximum bid at 10:01 a.m. on Tuesday will be $1.00 USD x (+20%) or $1.20 USD until your ads stop showing at 11 a.m.