Keyword Planner: Search for new keywords
This article goes over how you can use Keyword Planner to get search volume data and find new keywords that are relevant to your business.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the upper right corner, click the tool icon , then under "Planning," click Keyword Planner.
- Type or paste one or more of the following in the “Find new keywords” search box and, on your keyboard, press “Enter” after each one:
- Words or phrases that describe what you're advertising.
- The URL of a webpage or entire website related to your business.
- Click Get started.
- Review your keywords in the keyword ideas page.
Targeting and filtering your results
With Keyword Planner, you can refine your keyword ideas by targeting or filtering your results.
Target your results
- Location settings: Enter a geographical location, including countries, territories, regions, and cities in the box. Click “Nearby” to get ideas for locations that are near the location you entered. If you want to target globally, remove any locations you're previously entered. Doing so will automatically set your targeting to "All locations."
- Language settings: Enter a language in the box or scroll through the list of languages that you can get ideas for.
- Network settings: Select "Google" to get ideas for Google Search or select "Google and search partners" to get ideas for Google Search, other Google search sites like Maps, and Google search partner sites (sites that partner with Google to show ads).
Customize your results by date range
Filter your results
Break down keyword ideas
- Mobile trends: Compare mobile trends to searches on all devices.
- Breakdown by device: Break down your average monthly searches by computers, mobile devices with full browsers, and tablets with full browsers.
- Breakdown by location: See how many clicks your keywords get in each of your targeted locations.