Find and edit your campaign drafts
Once you create a draft, you can prepare changes to it without impacting the original campaign’s performance. From here, you can also edit, filter, or remove your drafts. You can also apply your drafts to the original campaign or create an experiment from it.
This article explains how to find and edit your drafts. To learn more about applying campaign drafts, read Apply your draft’s changes to the original campaign or Set up a campaign experiment.
Before you begin
If you haven’t yet created a draft, read Set up a campaign draft.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. Note, automatic targeting is only available in the new Google Ads experience.
Find your drafts from “Drafts & experiments”
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Drafts & experiments, then click Campaign drafts at the top of the page.
- You’ll see one of the following:
- If you’re coming from a specific campaign page, you’ll see a table that shows just the drafts for that campaign.
- If you’re coming from the the “All campaigns” page, you’ll see a table that shows drafts under the campaigns they’re created from. To change this view, click the 3-dot icon in the upper-right corner, and under “Row grouping,” select None. You’ll then see your drafts listed in alphabetical order by name and see which campaign each is created from in the “Campaign” column. To view drafts grouped by campaigns again, select Campaign.
- To filter your view of drafts, click the filter icon in the upper-right corner, then choose a filter from the drop-down.
Find your drafts from the navigation panel
- Open your navigation panel by pointing your cursor over the left-hand side of the page, or clicking the arrow icon in the upper left corner.
- Your can find your drafts In the “Drafts” section, which show below your enabled campaigns.
When you find your draft, the table will show the following information about your draft.
- Name: The name you’ve chosen for your draft. To open and make changes to your draft, click the draft’s name.
- Description (optional): Use this to create a custom description to summarize the types of changes you are making in your draft.
- Campaign (visible if None selected for “Row grouping”): The campaign that this draft was created from.
- Status: The current state of your draft. Learn more about what each status means.
- Total experiments: The total number of experiments that have run, are currently running, or are scheduled to run from this draft.
- Running experiments: This indicates whether your draft is currently running an experiment.
- Next experiment start date: The start date for your next scheduled experiment.
Make changes to your campaign drafts
You can make changes to your drafts at any time. Changes you make will automatically save, and you can always leave and come back to finish making changes.
- To edit a draft: Click the name of the draft you’d like to edit. Any changes you make will automatically save.
- To change a draft name: Click the pencil icon next to the name of the draft. Change the name and click Save.
- To remove drafts: Select the checkboxes next to the drafts you’d like to remove, then click the Remove button in the menu above the table.
In the "About this draft" section, you can see the number of changes by change type, such as bids, targeting, or keywords.