Set up a campaign draft
You can create drafts for Search and Display Network campaigns. When you create a draft, you’re mirroring your campaign’s setup. This lets you prepare multiple changes to a campaign without impacting its performance.
Keep in mind, drafts are only available for Search and Display Network campaigns. You won’t be able to create a draft for Video, App, or Shopping campaigns.
This article explains how to create a draft. For more background about drafts, read About campaign drafts and experiments.
Before you begin
You need an existing campaign to set up a draft. If you don’t have any campaigns, read Create a campaign that reaches new customers first.
Choose the Google Ads experience you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
- In the table, click the name of the campaign that you'd like to make a draft of.
- Click the Draft drop-down on the upper-right corner, then select Create new.
- Enter a name for your draft, then click Create.
- You’ll be taken to your new draft. Any changes you make to the draft will automatically save. You can leave your draft and finish making your changes at any time.
- Once you’re happy with your draft, you can apply your changes to the original campaign or create an experiment.
Keep in mind
Campaign drafts differ from drafts that are created in AdWords Editor. Although these are both ways to prepare changes to a campaign, campaign drafts can be used to create an experiment, whereas drafts in AdWords Editor are campaigns that you don’t yet want to export to your account. Learn more about AdWords Editor draft campaigns.