To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your Audiences and make audience management and optimization simpler, you’ll find the following improvements in Google Ads:
- New audience reporting
Detailed reporting about audience demographics, segments, and exclusions is now consolidated in one place, the “Audiences” tab within the left page navigation menu. You can also easily manage your Audiences from this report page. Learn more about Audience reporting
- New terms
We’re using new terms on your audience report and throughout Google Ads. For example, “audience types” (these include similar, custom, in-market, and affinity) are now referred to as audience segments and “remarketing” is now referred to as “your data”. Learn more about the updates to Audience terms and phrases
You can use your data segments to show Shopping ads to people who previously visited your website as they search for your products on Google. This article explains the steps to add your data segments to your Shopping campaigns.
Before you begin
If you're not familiar with how to reach your website visitors or app users, read About your data segments for Search ads which are similar to your Shopping data segments. Keep in mind that the rules that apply to your data segments for Search ads also apply to your data segments for Shopping ads.
Using your data segments for Shopping ads gives you the ability to segment your website visitors by previous site engagement. You can customize your Shopping bids for groups of users based on previous site engagements, such as “shopping cart-abandoners”, “loyal customers”, or “repeat visitors.“ If you're using Smart Bidding like Target ROAS, adding your data segments will help achieve even higher performance for individual audiences.
- Select an existing Shopping campaign and ad group.
- From the page menu along the left, click Audiences.
- Click the pencil icon .
- Under "Add to" select "Campaign" or "Ad group" depending on which level you want to apply the audiences.
- Select a remarketing list by checking the box next to it. To select all remarketing lists, click the checkbox near the "Audience" column header.
- Next to “Add to” select either “Select a campaign” or “Select an ad group,” depending on which “Add to” option you have previously selected.
- For the option to add to a campaign:
- Select the campaign which you’d like to target your list.
- Choose the targeting method of either “Targeting” or “Observation.” Learn more About Targeting and Observations for Display Network campaigns
- (Optional) Add additional remarketing lists or in-market audiences to your campaign.
- For the option to add to an ad group:
- Select a campaign and then an ad group..
- Choose the targeting method of either “Targeting” or “Observation.”
- (Optional) Add additional remarketing lists or in-market audiences to your ad group.
- Click Save.
- Add the remarketing event snippets across your entire site.