A way to organize your Google Merchant Center product inventory in a Shopping campaign within Google Ads. You create product groups using attributes derived from your product data, available within Google Ads. Then you bid on these product groups.
- Instead of keywords: Shopping campaigns use product groups to determine when items from your Merchant Center account appear on a search results page in a Shopping ad.
- Starting out: When you create a new Shopping campaign, a product group for “All products” is created by default using the default maximum cost-per-click bid (max. CPC) you set during ad group creation.
- Subdividing product groups: You can run your Shopping campaign using just the “All products” product group, or subdivide it into as many product groups as you want using product attributes like category, product type, brand, condition, item ID, and custom labels. You can also remove product groups as needed.
- Bidding: Set and revise bids for each product group as often as you need, or exclude a product group from your campaign.
- Products and filtering: Each product can appear in only one biddable product group per ad group. You can also exclude a product from appearing in a product group entirely by using inventory filters.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?