Create a Dynamic Search Ad
Dynamic Search Ads can quickly direct potential customers to what they want on your site. If you want to know more before getting started, learn about Dynamic Search Ads.
To create a Dynamic Search Campaign—and to learn how to create ads, ad groups, and customize your targeting and bid—follow the instructions in this article. If you opt to set up your targeting with a feed, also follow instructions in Use a feed to target Dynamic Search Ads.
Before you begin
To get the most out of Dynamic Search Ads, follow these best practices:
- Before you write ads, improve your website. The quality of your site is as important as the quality of your ads. Get tips on how to improve your website.
- Write great descriptions for your ads. Make sure your ads are relevant to the people you’re trying to reach. Learn how to write great ads.
- Keep mobile in mind. Dynamic Search Ads can appear on mobile to customers searching or browsing while they’re on the go. Learn how to improve your mobile site.
- Make sure your site is accessible. Sites where all content is dynamically generated can be hard for Google to understand and make ads for. Learn how to make your site more accessible.
- Create single-language campaigns. If your website domain contains pages in multiple languages and you want to target searches for your ads based on all of these pages, create a new campaign for each language.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
How to enable Dynamic Search Ads in your Search campaign
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select Search Network.
- Select one or more goals for your campaign. Or, uncheck “Use goals” to continue without goals.
- Enter your domain you want your ads to target then click Continue.
- Name your campaign, select the locations to target your ads, and the languages.
- For your bid strategy, choose an automated bid strategy if you want Google to optimize your bids. We recommend the target CPA or enhanced CPC options.
- Enter your bid limit (optional) and budget.
- Expand Additional settings and click on Dynamic search ads.
- Check the Enable Dynamic Search Ads for this campaign checkbox.
- Click Save and Continue to continue onto the next stage—creating a dynamic ad group and targets.
How to create an ad group
- For the Ad group type, select the Dynamic option (default).
- Name your dynamic ad group and set your default bid (which you can adjust for each target).
- Decide how you’d like to target your ads. If you’re unfamiliar with dynamic ad targets, we strongly recommend reading About targets for Dynamic Search Ads. We recommend starting with:
- Landing pages from your standard ad groups: All webpages that you’re currently running search ads against, across all of your accounts. This targeting option makes it easy to increase traffic on the webpages you’re already using as landing pages in existing ad groups and campaigns.
- Categories: Sets of landing pages organized by theme. You decide which sets of pages to target, how to group similar pages, and the level of granularity.
- Page feed: Use a spreadsheet of URLs for the most focused targeting. You can then target your entire feed or parts of it. For instance, you can label pages about "products with 4-star reviews" or "hotels with lots of availability” and target URLs with those labels only.
- If you’re not using automated bidding, adjust your bid based on the value of each specific target to your business. Bid adjustments can give you more control over when and where your ad is shown. You can set these adjustments to increase or decrease your dynamic ad target bids by a percentage. Learn About bid adjustments.
- Click Save.
How to create your ads
You can have more than one Dynamic Search Ad, which means you can collect data on which ad is most effective. Here’s how to add more Dynamic Search Ads to the ad group of the campaign you've created:
- Click New ad.
- Enter your description text.
- Click Done.
- Click Save and Continue.
How to use bid adjustments
Bid adjustments can give you more control over when and where your ad is shown. You can set these adjustments to increase or decrease your dynamic ad target bids by a percentage. Learn how to use bid adjustments. For more optimized bids, consider setting up automated bidding.