Dynamic Search Ads can quickly direct potential customers to what they want on your site. If you want to know more before getting started, learn about Dynamic Search Ads.
To create a Dynamic Search Ad and to learn how to create ads, ad groups, and customize your targeting and bid, follow the instructions in this article. If you opt to set up your targeting with a feed, also follow instructions in Use a feed to target Dynamic Search Ads.
Before you begin
To get the most out of Dynamic Search Ads, follow these best practices:
- Before you write ads, improve your website. The quality of your site is as important as the quality of your ads. Get tips on how to improve your website.
- Write great descriptions for your ads. Make sure your ads are relevant to the people you’re trying to reach. Learn how to write great ads.
- Keep mobile in mind. Dynamic Search Ads can appear on mobile to customers searching or browsing while they’re on the go. Learn how to improve your mobile site.
- Make sure your site is accessible. Sites where all content is dynamically generated can be hard for Google to understand and make ads for. Learn how to make your site more accessible.
- Create single-language campaigns. If your website domain contains pages in multiple languages and you want to target searches for your ads based on all of these pages, create a new campaign for each language.
How to create a new Search campaign with a Dynamic Ad Group in your Search campaign
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select one or more goals for your campaign. Or, click Create a campaign without a goal to continue without goals.
- Optional: Under “Select the results you want to get from this campaign,” select the check box next to the actions you want customers to take after seeing your ad (for example, website visits, phone calls, or app downloads). Enter relevant details.
- Select Search as your campaign type.
- Select any results you want to get from the campaign.
- Click Continue.
- Name your campaign and enter the locations you want to target, languages you want to use, and your budget.
- Under "Bidding," choose an automated bid strategy if you want Google to optimize your bids. We recommend the target CPA or enhanced CPC options.
- Enter your bid limit (optional) and budget.
- At the top of the screen under "General Settings," expand Show more settings, and then click Dynamic Search Ad.
- Enter your website domain and select your website language.
- Click Save and Continue to continue onto the next stage—creating a dynamic ad group and targets.
How to create a Dynamic ad group
- For the Ad group type, select the Dynamic option (default).
- Name your dynamic ad group.
- Decide how you’d like to target your ads. If you’re unfamiliar with dynamic ad targets, we strongly recommend reading About targets for Dynamic Search Ads. We recommend starting with:
- Landing pages from your standard ad groups category: All webpages that you’re currently running search ads against, across all of your accounts. This targeting option makes it easy to increase traffic on the webpages you’re already using as landing pages in existing ad groups and campaigns. We recommend this target for users that are new to Dynamic Search Ads.
- Other categories: Sets of landing pages organized by theme. You decide which sets of pages to target, how to group similar pages, and the level of granularity. If your site is completely new to Dynamic Search Ads it may take up to 24 hours for categories to show.
URL_Equals: You can target specific URLs. This is a simple way to target individual pages. However, it can limit your reach if you want to get incremental traffic.
- If you’re not using automated bidding, adjust your bid based on the value of each specific target to your business. Bid adjustments can give you more control over when and where your ad is shown. You can set these adjustments to increase or decrease your dynamic ad target bids by a percentage. Learn About bid adjustments.
- Click Save and continue.
How to create your ads
You can have more than one Dynamic Search Ad, which means you can collect data on which ad is most effective. Here’s how to add Dynamic Search Ads to a Dynamic ad group:
- Click New ad.
- Select Dynamic Search Ad.
- Your Dynamic Search Ad headline, final URL, and display URL will be dynamically generated, so just enter your description text.
- Click Save and Continue.
How to use bid adjustments
Bid adjustments can give you more control over when and where your ad is shown. You can set these adjustments to increase or decrease your Dynamic ad target bids by a percentage. Learn how to use bid adjustments
For more optimized bids, consider setting up automated bidding.
Dynamic ad target limits
Each Google Ads account can have up to 25,000 Dynamic Ad Targets. To get more out of your Dynamic Ad Targets, you can:
- Convert your ad group-level negative dynamic ad targets into campaign-level negative dynamic ad targets.
- Use page feeds to list the specific pages you want. Note: The 25,000 target limit doesn’t apply to the values in these feeds.