Remarketing allows you to show ads to customers who have previously visited your website or used your mobile app. Dynamic Remarketing takes this a step further and allows you to show previous visitors ads that contain products and services they viewed on your site. With messages tailored to your audience, Dynamic Remarketing helps you to build leads and sales by bringing previous visitors back to your site or app to complete what they started. Learn how to set up Dynamic Remarketing for your website visitors, and your app users.
On this page
- Reasons to use Dynamic Remarketing
- What you'll need to get started with Dynamic Remarketing
- How to use Dynamic Remarketing
- Ads that scale with your products or services: Pair your feed of products or services with dynamic ads to scale your ads to cover your entire inventory.
- Simple, yet powerful feeds: Create a basic .csv, .tsv, .xls or .xlsx feed. The Google Ads product recommendation engine will pull products and services from your feed and determine the best mix of products for each ad based on popularity and what the visitor viewed on your site.
- High-performance layouts: Google Ads predicts which dynamic ad layout is likely to perform best for the person, placement and platform where the ad will show.
Product or service feed: Create a feed that includes all of your products or services, along with details about each item (unique ID, price, image and more). These details are then pulled from your feed into your dynamic ads. You’ll upload your feed to the Business data section of your Shared library, unless you’re a retailer. If you’re a retailer, you’ll upload your product feed to Google Merchant Center.
For website remarketing: Tag with custom parameters: Add the dynamic remarketing tag with custom parameters to all pages of your website. The tag adds your website visitors to remarketing lists and associates them with the unique IDs of the feed items that they viewed. You’ll find your tag in the Audiences section of your Shared library. Learn more about how to Tag your website for Dynamic Remarketing.
Create responsive display ads: Responsive display ads are asset-based and automatically adjust their size, appearance and format to fit available ad spaces.
Dynamic prospecting brings user information and product information together to show your best product at the right time to the most interested users. Unlike dynamic remarketing, which is focused on getting the most value out of your existing customers, dynamic prospecting is used to acquire new users. This difference makes dynamic prospecting the preferable method if you’re a new advertiser, or if you’re targeting an audience different from your own data segments (including your data segments that include website visitors and app users).
How dynamic prospecting works
Dynamic prospecting uses machine learning to get an idea for what potential buyers are looking for. Once the system knows what the user is after, it combines that want with demographics-based information, such as age, gender and household income, to match the user with a product in your feed. The products in your feed are evaluated based on performance, relevance and other factors to determine which ones are most likely to catch the user’s attention and lead to conversions.
Adding dynamic prospecting to a Dynamic Remarketing campaign
- In your Google Ads account, click the Campaigns icon .
- Click the Campaigns drop-down in the section menu.
- Click Campaigns.
- Select the campaign you’d like to update.
- Click on Additional settings.
- Click on the drop-down under 'Dynamic ads'.
- This drop-down will select 'No data feed' by default.
- Click the tick box next to 'use a data feed for personalised ads'.
- Select the relevant Data Feed from the drop down menu.
- Click Save.