A payment setting in which you pay for your advertising costs before your ads run. Then, as your ads run, your costs are deducted from the payment that you've made.
- We can notify you by email when your account balance starts to get low, and you can make another payment whenever you'd like.
- The forms of payment you can use to make a manual payment will depend on your currency and the location of your business address.
- If you'd rather be charged automatically after your ads run, you can use the automatic payments setting.
You may be able to switch the payment setting for your account between Automatic to Manual payments, and vice versa, in your account’s 'Billing Settings'. The option to switch from Automatic to Manual payments is possible only in countries where the Manual payment option is available. If you are currently on Manual payments and this option is no longer available in your country, you can only switch to Automatic payments and you will not be able to switch back to Manual payments. Learn more about Manual payments option availability here.
To change your payment setting:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account
- In the search bar at the top of the home page, type 'Settings' and select 'Settings' > 'Billing'.
- (Alternatively, you can type the keyboard shortcut G B to go straight to 'Billing'.)
- In the 'Payments account' section, click the 'Edit' icon next to 'How you pay'.
- Select your desired payment setting from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the steps in the pop-up window to confirm the change.
Note: Only users with Admin or Edit Payments profile access can make this change. To check your access type, in the search bar at the top of the home page, type 'Settings' to select 'Settings' > 'Billing' and scroll down to the bottom of the page to the 'Payments users' section.
If you have more than one Google Ads account, this feature might not be available in all your accounts.
Countries and territories
|Americas||Africa||Europe||Middle East||Asia Pacific|