The "Status" column of your ads page signals whether or not an ad is active and the reason for its status. The status of an ad reflects changes that you make to that ad or its campaign and whether or not that ad's been reviewed based on Google Ads policies.
How to find your ad status
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Ads & assets from the page menu.
- Check the "Status" column to know an ad's status.
How to interpret your ad status
The "Status" column from the Ads page displays information about the current state of your ad at the time you sign in. Here are the different types of ad statuses:
- Under review
- Eligible (limited)
- Not eligible
Your ads under review
Check your ad’s status and get help if you need it. Most reviews are completed within one business day, but more complex reviews can take longer.
Four ad statuses that you can control:
- Paused: Not eligible because you paused it. Pausing an ad means that your ads don't show or accumulate new costs until resumed. You can also check "Campaign paused" or "Ad group paused" from your Ads page if you paused the campaign or ad group that contains this ad. Click the 3-dot icon in the navigation panel and select "Show paused" to know which campaigns and ad groups have been paused. Even when ads are paused, they're subject to review. We review paused ads to ensure that they comply with Google Ads policies and applicable laws, and also so that ads that become Eligible while under review can run as soon as you unpause them.
- Pending: Not eligible, but scheduled to begin at a future date. You can also check "Campaign pending" or "Ad group pending" from your Ads page if the campaign or ad group that contains this ad is pending.
- Ended: Not eligible because it's past its scheduled end date. You can also check "Campaign ended" or" Ad group ended" from your Ads page to know if the campaign or ad group that contains this ad has ended.
- Removed: Not eligible because you removed it. Removing an ad means that ads don't show or accumulate new costs until re-enabled. You can also check "Campaign removed" or "Ad group removed" from your Ads page if you removed the campaign or ad group that contains this ad. Click the 3-dot icon in the navigation panel and select "Show removed" to know which campaigns and ad groups have been removed.
Note: Under review is a status given to ads that are being reviewed to ensure they are safe, appropriate, and comply with advertising policies.
Google reviews most ads within one business day, though some complex reviews may take longer. If your ad is under review for longer than one full business day, check your ad’s status. Google reserves the right to prioritize reviews to ensure the overall stability of system operations.