After you’ve set up your sites, create the California opt-out message to be displayed to your eligible users in the US state of California.
Please keep the following in mind:
- It is your responsibility to ensure the California opt-out message meets your legal requirements.
- Vendors need to have the ability to technically read the signals per the IAB CCPA Compliance Framework in order to be made aware of a user’s opt-out status.
The opt-out message consists of two components:
- A “do not sell my information” link displayed at the bottom of each page on which you’ve placed the Funding Choices tag, and
- A confirmation dialog box that is displayed to users that click the “do not sell my information” link.
Creating a California opt-out message
- Sign in to your Funding Choices account at https://fundingchoices.google.com/.
- Select the site where you want to display the California opt-out message.
- Click New message (or Create if it's your first).
- Select California opt-out. The "California opt-out" page opens, where you'll set the details of the message.
- In the Message title field, give the message a name that allows you to quickly find it in the interface. The name is shown internally only.
- Select the language—English or Spanish—in which the default text and button names of the message are displayed to users.
- Click Continue. A preview of the CCPA "do-not-sell" link is displayed: "Do Not Sell My Personal Information". This link will be displayed at the bottom of the pages that use the Funding Choices tag.
- (Optional) Edit and format the link to match your site's editorial and visual standards.
- Click Continue. A preview of the confirmation dialog box is displayed. This is the message your users see when they click the "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link.
Above: default confirmation dialog box
- (Optional) Edit and format the message to match your site's editorial and visual standards.
- Click Save when you’re done.
- When you’re ready, publish the message.