After you’ve set up your apps in AdMob, follow the steps below to create the EU consent message to be displayed to your eligible EEA (European Economic Area) & UK (United Kingdom) users of your app.
In order to gather consent from your users, ensure you've added the Google User Messaging Platform SDK to your app.
IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework
- In AdMob or Ad Manager, click the Privacy & messaging tab in the left menu.
- Click Go to Funding Choices at the top of the page.
- If necessary, follow the prompts to create an account, including accepting the Funding Choices terms and conditions.
- On the Funding Choices "Apps" page, select the app on which you want to display the message.
- Click Create. The "Select your message type" page opens.
- Click Select in the "EU consent" box. The "Consent details" page opens.
- Select IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework.
- Select purposes for your own use.
- Enter your privacy URL.
- Select vendors you want to use with this app.
- Click Save. You will be asked to confirm that you want to save, then the "EU consent messages" page opens.
- In the "Message name" field, enter a message name that will allow you to quickly find it in the interface. The name is shown only in the Funding Choices interface; it won't be visible to your users.
- Set up languages:
- Select a Default language. The message is shown in this language when the user’s device language cannot be determined, or when the user’s device language doesn't adequately match the selected “Additional languages.”
- Select Additional languages. The message can be shown to users in any of the “Additional languages” that match the user’s device language. Languages you select here should match the languages in which your app is available. For example, if you select “Dutch” as an “Additional languages,” a user whose device language is Dutch also sees the Funding Choices message in Dutch. You can edit the message text for each of the "Additional languages.”
Above: default and additional language settings
- In the “Select the consent choices your users see” section, choose one of:
- Consent / Manage options: This message presents your users with a choice to consent to your vendors and your vendors’ purposes, or to customize their consent selections.
- Consent / Do not consent / Manage options: This message presents your users with a choice to consent to your vendors and your vendors’ purposes, not consent to your vendors and your vendors’ purposes, or to customize their consent selections.
- (Optional) Edit and format the message to match your app's editorial and visual standards.
- Click Continue to preview or edit each of the message's dialogs.
- Click Save when you’re done.
- When you’re ready, publish the message.