- Before you file a claim for a device that has stopped working, try rebooting it. You can also try some troubleshooting steps to fix common issues.
- File your claim within the time frame indicated in your coverage documents.
- When your claim is approved, you will need to pay a deductible. The deductible will be added to your next monthly statement after your replacement device is shipped or your phone is repaired.
- Depending on the device, damage type and availability, you’ll be presented with the option to repair your phone at an authorized repair center or replace it.
- Replacement will be a reconditioned device of like kind and quality. If a reconditioned device is not available, it will be replaced with a new device of like kind and quality. Device color may vary depending on availability.
- There is no limit for covered mechanical breakdown claims. For accidental damage, there is a limit of up to two covered claims in any rolling 12-month period, based on the date of the first repair or replacement (of no more than $1,500 each). For loss/theft, there is a limit of up to one covered claim in any rolling 12-month period based on the date of replacement (of no more than $1,500).
- If you're part of a Google Fi group plan, only the device protection account holder can file a claim, unless required authorization has been obtained.
- In certain cases, additional documents such as a government-issued ID or proof of loss may be required to process your claim.
- If your device is lost or stolen, contact Google Fi support to suspend your service and protect yourself against unauthorized use
Contact Google Fi support to file your claim. If your claim is approved, you'll receive an email with further instructions.
To complete the screen repair, print the email and take it to our authorized repair partner, uBreakiFix.
Replacement devices (mechanical breakdown and accidental damage)
- Once you get the email, you have 24 hours to order your replacement.
- If you cannot complete your order within 24 hours, please contact Google Fi support to receive a new email.
- Upon completing this process, your replacement device will ship as early as the next business day. This email also contains a return shipping label for your broken phone.
- When you receive your replacement device, remove the SIM card from your broken phone and place it in the new one.
- Print the return shipping label you received from us via email.
- Send your old device back within 14 days of getting your replacement. If you don't return your device in the 14-day window, you might be charged an unrecovered equipment fee for the value of the device, not more than $1,500.
Replacement devices (loss and theft)
You will be provided with the tracking number.
Eligibility for screen repairs
Eligibility for replacements
You might be entitled to a phone replacement in the following situations:Mechanical breakdown
You can get a replacement if your device stops working correctly.
- During the manufacturer's warranty period, you might be eligible for a manufacturer's warranty replacement in case of mechanical breakdown. There's no charge for a warranty replacement.
- After the manufacturer's warranty period, if your phone breaks down due to wear and tear, you can get a replacement but you will need to pay a deductible.
Mechanical breakdown examples include:
- Problems with charging, turning on, or a frozen screen
- Defective microphone, speaker, or button
- Trouble getting Internet or cell signal
You can file a claim for a Google Fi device protection replacement if your device experienced accidental damage from handling. Examples of accidental damage include when your phone:
- Was dropped and stopped working
- Has a cracked screen
- Got wet and stopped working
Google Fi device protection covers the following devices for up to one loss or theft claim in any rolling 12-month period. View details in the device protection brochure.
- Moto G Stylus and Moto G Power (not available in NY, MA, and WA)
- Pixel 4a (not available in NY)
Replacements are not available if:
- You're filing a claim for accidental damage and have reached the claim limit of 2 accidental damage claims in a rolling 12-month period. This is based on the date of the first repair or replacement
- You're filing a loss or theft claim and have reached the claim limit of 1 loss or theft claim in a rolling 12-month period. This is based on the date of the first replacement.
For customer support and general program inquiries, contact us. To request a sample copy of the terms and conditions specific to your state, call 866-450-5185.