If your Google Fi phone goes missing, here are some steps you can take:
- Try to locate your phone and remotely lock or erase it using Android Device Manager on a web browser or another Android device.
- Put your Fi service on hold so no one can use your phone for calls, text, or data.
- Change your Google Account password so no one can access things like your email and other services linked to your Google Account.
You can always call a Google Fi expert at 1-844-TALK2Fi. We're ready to help. If you didn't buy your phone from Google Fi or the Google store, check with your phone's manufacturer for details.Step 1: Try to locate your phone with Android Device Manager
- Follow these steps to find your phone using Android Device Manager.
- Next, remotely lock, erase, or ring your phone. You can also display your contact info on your lock screen.
Important: For Android Device Manager to work, Android Device Manager and location access must be turned on on your phone. They’re on by default so if you or someone else hasn’t touched these settings, they should be on. Also, your phone must be turned on and have an Internet connection.
If you think your phone is turned off or doesn’t have an Internet connection, you can still try to remotely lock, erase, or ring your phone. The next time your phone is online, these actions will take effect.
To prevent anyone from using your Google Fi service, you can put it on hold at any time. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Fi website.
- In the "Account" tab, under "Your Plan," click Manage plan.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Pause service, then confirm.
To resume your service, just go back to the Google Fi website and at the top of the screen, select Resume service.
By changing the password of your Google Account that’s linked to your phone, you can prevent someone from accessing things like your email and other services linked to this account.
If you use more than one Google Account on your phone, you should change the passwords for all of them.
Contact a Google Fi expert as soon as possible.